General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Finished the MSF

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 11:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Finished the MSF

Well finally I finished the MSF course. Actually I finished it 2 days ago, but never got around to write about it. Soit was really fun. I learned a lot about making proper turns, swerving and emergency stopping. And I also met a lot of cool people. I don't know if its just me, but I find that bikers are a whole lot friendlier than non bikers. Besides that I made a connection with the instructors.
But the most exciting part was the test. I was really good at doing all the techniques in the practice runs, but when I got to the emergency stop, oh man, it made my heart stop for a second. I squeezed my front brake and rear brake way to aggressively and the front tire skid. I caught the bike at the last second and mistakenly reved the bike up so loudly, everyone was looking at me lol. I thought that was the end of the test for me. I managed to get through it and passed. My dad also took the course (we had a little competion)with me and he was the only one out of 15 people to ace the test all together. He beat me[sm=vader.gif]lol, but I'm proud of him.
I'm supposed to get a paper sent to me from the course that I have to send somewhere else. Then I will receive the license waiver and I will have to go to the DMW and get my license. It takes so much longer than I thought it would. They said I should expect everything to be done in 3-6 weeks. I don't know how I'm going to keep myself from going crazy lol. But when I do get my license and I'llsee my baby, I'll be thinking this is going tobe the start of a beautiful friendship

Old 12-12-2007, 03:11 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Finished the MSF

hahaha, CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR DAD! awesome news. Always nice to have met new friends while riding also. Continue to use your brain and skills in the confines of public riding. Again, congrats to both of you.

Old 12-12-2007, 03:44 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

That's awesome man!! Yea its going to be brutal waiting, I guess some states are different, you can go down the next day and get your license with the completed card here in Washington. Again congratulations, have fun and stay safe.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:53 PM
1st Gear Member

that's awsome!! i can't wait to take mine too.

no way i can wait that long tho, oh well i'll just be riding as legally as usual till then!

have fun and be safe

Old 12-14-2007, 04:04 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: kawi750r

that's awsome!! i can't wait to take mine too.

no way i can wait that long tho, oh well i'll just be riding as legally as usual till then!

have fun and be safe
so does being a flaming cornholio not make you legal???? hehe

Old 12-14-2007, 01:15 PM
1st Gear Member

I really appreciate all the congratulations from everyone. Thanks. And just an update,we received a letter from the course acknowledging thatwe completed it and that they would be sending the necessary paperwork shortly.Just a little while longer...

Old 12-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

congrats bro!

Old 12-27-2007, 03:31 PM

Congrats and now ride everyday.
don't forget to take more classes later as your skills improve.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:29 PM
1st Gear Member

[sm=smiley20.gif]Congrats on taking the course...you won't regret it.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Congrats man that is awesome

Quick Reply: Finished the MSF