General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Ever lose something?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2009, 03:00 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Ever lose something?

So last week I went out to see my girl who lives about an hour away, so i take my bike. Go through the toll booth to get my ticket put it in my pocket of my coat, and start out.

Needless to say I must of forgot to zip it up because as I'm going through a curve at speed I see something fly out.

my first thought is ok i must of forgot to zip my jacket and my ticket flew out, no big deal i'll just go to a rest stop take out an extra 20 bucks to cover the tolls for losing the ticket.

Then I put my hand on my jacket pocket and realize that won't be possible now without my wallet which just flew out

I stop immediately walk back a ways and start finding miscellaneous cards pictures and a few dollars. looking for a good 15 20 min and people are just flying by, some honking and to my surprise fellow motorcyclist are included in the group of people who just don't give a rats @$$ what's going on.

Thankfully a couple of kids on four wheelers come to see what's going on and help me find most of the contents of my wallet, unfortunately most of them are near a culvert flowing with water.

I get enough money to cover the tolls to her place and back find all my credit cards and that, but no license or actual wallet, I go back the next day with my buddy that i usually ride with and we can't find anything more.

I was shocked (sort of) to see other motorcyclist go by... but then again I ride a ninja and they were on cruisers. Question is would you stop to help out a fellow motorcyclist, regardless or the type of bike, or am I just thinking that camaraderie is too much to expect?

Old 09-11-2009, 03:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about the lose.
I've pulled over a few times to help out. But, I go by the look on there faces.
a couple times I thought some one was needing help. to find out, they was just looking at my bike. I think its pretty hard to tell at times. un-less your standing there waving you arms.

Old 09-11-2009, 04:15 PM
1st Gear Member

I stopped to help a guy on a Harley a few years back. He was on the side of the road trying to kick start his bike. I pulled up and asked if he needed help. He didn't even look at me, then said "Won't start" So I ask him to let me give it a try. I started kickstarting it. After about 10-12 kicks, it fires up. I get off, he gets on, pops it in gear and rides off. No thank you, no "I hate rice burners" no nothing. So now I am not so keen to stop for people unless I have someone with me. Never know.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Question is would you stop to help out a fellow motorcyclist
I would think it was apparant that you and your other fellow rider were searching for something. A broken part after a possible crash or a shifter bolt that vibrated loose would have made me want to pull over would have been my first thought on that.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dragone#19
I would think it was apparant that you and your other fellow rider were searching for something.
I was alone sorry if That was unclear and it's good to hear that people would actually stop unlike the bikes I saw go by

Old 09-11-2009, 07:56 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ninjarunner06
I was alone sorry if That was unclear and it's good to hear that people would actually stop unlike the bikes I saw go by

right on, I was including this statement at the same time. Of the two days, that is.

I go back the next day with my buddy that i usually ride with and we can't find anything more.
Hate losing stuff while riding. That is just not right! lol

Old 09-11-2009, 09:26 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I would stop no matter what a person looked like or what they rode.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
I would stop no matter what a person looked like or what they rode.
I'm with you DEEJ

I also stop for Dodge trucks....... but it never seems to happen LOL

Old 09-13-2009, 02:17 PM
1st Gear Member

lol Wedge, I have stopped for bikers. I have had guys ride past me a couple of times. But I've had a few stop too. If it looks to me like they are in trouble of some sort, I would stop for sure.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:41 AM
1st Gear Member

If it was 1 person I'd stop.

Quick Reply: Ever lose something?