General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

Cruisers

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2010, 04:24 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Cruisers

Hey there... I'm new to the site and have noticed a lot of dirt/enduros and sportbikes on the sight.... wheres the cruisers at lets see them! ones you have now or ones youve had in the past Ill start it off with my new baby
Name:  IMAG0220.jpg
Views: 48
Size:  111.3 KB

Old 02-04-2010, 09:48 AM

Hello MadKawDisease. I am new here too. I have a 2009 900 Vulcan custom. Ride safe bro... I am trying to put it on here, but i don't have an url. I am gonna put it on my signature if i can.

Old 02-04-2010, 11:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Nice bike! Love the flames!

Oh, and Name:  s131a.gif
Views: 18
Size:  19.2 KB to the site!

Here's my scoot.....a 2001 Kawasaki Drifter 1500...............

Name:  IMG_0759.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  298.0 KB

Old 02-04-2010, 04:17 PM
1st Gear Member

nice whered you get your tassels? i got a lot on mine but i need more

Old 02-04-2010, 04:19 PM
1st Gear Member

supersayin u need an image hosting site to upload your picture to. I use photobucket.com... another one it imagehost

Old 02-04-2010, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I think most of the sport bike guys/gals on here have nothing "against" crusiers. Personally, I prefer the sport bike physics/chassis to the cruiser simply from a speed and control aspect. There's just a different feedback-input loop between a crusier and a sporty.
However, I could see myself riding a Drifter or similar (Pastor's would do just fine.) All you cruiser folks are just dandy in my book. Glad to have you on the forums!

Old 02-04-2010, 11:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MadKawDisease
nice whered you get your tassels? i got a lot on mine but i need more
Thanks!

eleathersupply will deliver right to your door. They offer raw deerskin fringe here. If that doesn't work, Tandy Leather stores (or craft stores that carry their products) carries the same fringe for about the same price.

I rivited it myself and used barges glue (or E6000, I can't remember, but it's basically the same stuff. You can get it at any good craft place, or on the web) to secure it to the industrial strength velcro that I stick on the running boards and inside the fenders, etc. You just have to take care of your leather from time to time, like any other leather.

The lever and throttle covers (as well as the tank bib and fender bib that you can't really see in that pic) came from Chilllhowee Leathers. They hand make top quality stuff to order at some very reasonable prices.

Here's a pic that shows off their fine work.......(I know....the bags are needing reshaped pretty bad, huh?)

Name:  IMG_0760.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  184.1 KB

Last edited by Pastor Dude; 02-05-2010 at 11:17 AM.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeffzx9
I think most of the sport bike guys/gals on here have nothing "against" crusiers. Personally, I prefer the sport bike physics/chassis to the cruiser simply from a speed and control aspect. There's just a different feedback-input loop between a crusier and a sporty.
However, I could see myself riding a Drifter or similar (Pastor's would do just fine.) All you cruiser folks are just dandy in my book. Glad to have you on the forums!
Wow! High praise from the quick crowd! Thanks!

Old 02-05-2010, 09:12 AM

Well I am at work, so i don't want to get on photobucket. Hopefully you all can see my avatar. That is the bike i got. I will post something really soon that shows my bike.

Old 02-05-2010, 06:59 PM
1st Gear Member

Dont worry Pastor, I personally like my bags a little misshapen. It shows their age and how much use they get. I too the support bars out of my bags so they get super saggy in the future..

sport bike praise though your right, where im from cruisers and sportbikers dont really get along, well we dont. But that might be cause the ones in my area are @$$HOLES. None of them (at least the group riders) know anything about safety. Im sure there are exceptions to the rule but the majority dont help the stigma attached to bikers

Quick Reply: Cruisers