General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

best bike and way to learn to stunt?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 05:37 AM
Default best bike and way to learn to stunt?

started riding when i was young my family rule was you have to weigh at least 100 lbs to ride the 2 stroke. rarely took to the streets but had the most fun in my life. then i got my 95 zx7r and took to the roads and loved it. ive done some wheelies and what not but what is the best way to start stunting? i want to get comfortable on my bike in everyway so should i get a dirtbike and mess around in a field with no remorse for the bike? should i just get a used 600 throw a huge sprocket on it frame sliders and strip it down for its inevitable introduction to the asphalt? or do i get a nice bike and just take it slow......not my style but i believe you if thats the right way.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:11 PM
1st Gear Member

Rule #1 of stunting: Never EVER stunt a bike that you cant afford to lose, which is why I've never done it, but I used to hang with the crowd.

Best way to do it is to get to know some real stunters (not the posers) They will help you out, and make it look easy too. If you talk to them I garantee one of them knows somebody who is selling off a cheap used stuntbike you can start with (if it hasnt been trashed already) or you can buy a cheap 600 and put a cage on it. When your starting out try to spend as little as possible, but dont limit yourself. You dont want to get too deep but also need a bike thats straight and gives you room to grow. Go to your local stunt show, rub elbows and have fun, thats all it takes. Good luck!