Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   General Motorcycle Discussion (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/general-motorcycle-discussion-66/)
-   -   Beginner Bikes (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/general-motorcycle-discussion-66/beginner-bikes-3732/)

Dragone#19 09-04-2008 01:49 AM

yup and just ride with a thong on at w.o.t:D Quote:
Originally Posted by zzrick https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...s/viewpost.gif
Everyone should get a busa...and don't wear any gear. It will make you a better rider in the long run.

BAN! lol

Kohburn 09-04-2008 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by hoedogg (Post 322018)
yup and just ride with a thong on at w.o.t:D

that only applies to good looking chicks

hoedogg 09-04-2008 01:23 PM

in florida too it seems like. i don't see that shiot here in cali, but watch superbikes episode about myrtle beach, wow!

Originally Posted by Kohburn (Post 322929)
that only applies to good looking chicks

GSXR600 09-06-2008 12:15 AM

Exactly! Cautious and Responsible

Originally Posted by Kohburn (Post 319624)
that may be more indicative of the personality of the riders than the bike itself. someone who wouldn't mind a 250 but gets a 600 because its more available or they get a good deal is more likely to be cautious on it. someone who bought a 600+cc because it was fast is going to be more likely to ride recklessly and wreck.

I started out on the zx6r but was cautious, I've been riding almost every single day for the last year and a half with barely a close call even in heavy traffic commuting to work.

I have never ridin a street bike or a dirt bike in my entire life, just four wheelers, im 21 years old and have alot of friends who go out and get a R1 or GSXR1000 or a ZX 14 and right away think they have the skill and ability to push themselves to the limit, which all of them ended up in the hospital and in a wheelchair for more than 6 MONTHS!. (I) on the other hand am responsible and when i get my Gsx R600 next year, i will probably be in my garage for a few weeks just sitting on the bike and getting use to the weight and controls, then for another couple of months, just getting use to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear, the clutch and brakes on a private road. I might just get a 250cc because its better to learn on and its costs alot less,and when im ready for something more, i will TRADE it in.
For a begginer, I would recommend getting a bike no higher than 600cc's and being very cautious. For those of you who dont give a ****, go kill your selves and make my insurance bill alot higher.

williamr 09-06-2008 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by GSXR600 (Post 323278)
I have never ridin a street bike or a dirt bike in my entire life,

(I) on the other hand am responsible and when i get my Gsx R600 next year,.

Is this a wind up?

Spend a couple of years learning to really ride a 250. A gixxer is a third bike.

Rob

Ark 09-12-2008 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by Kohburn (Post 321518)
[/threadjack]

what the heck was this thead about? oh yes good beginner bikes. which of course the "best" beginner bike will depend on the rider. any bike with less than ~60 hp has the potential to be a good beginner bike, rider with good throttle control and self restraint/maturity can get away with starting with more.

How can a beginner have good throttle control if they have never rode a motorcycle? lol

:)

zzrick 09-19-2008 03:18 PM

This thread is lame now...put it out of its misery...

memyname 09-22-2008 01:47 PM

You think so?

I can't imagine anyone having a motorcycle for more than a couple days before taking her out, let alone just sitting on it for a week. When you take the BRT class, some people have never even been on a bike before, but it's still a 2 day class. By the end of the first day you are shifting into 2nd. I'm a bit confused, but maybe you were being sarcastic about sitting on it for a week and then over the next while shifting?

I think i read it earlier on the forum, that if you buy a bigger bike because of value or whats available you are safer. That is my case. If you buy a bigger bike to go fast...thats a different story. A bike can't drive it's self...unless it's a Transformer.

Worlok14 10-22-2008 10:07 AM

Yuk, sitting on a Gixxer for a week? Am I in the right forum?

chik636rydr 10-23-2008 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by MAD KAW (Post 38152)
it's not on the poll, but i started on a 600.... suzuki katana 600..... not a bad beginner bike either.....

me too!!!!