General Motorcycle Discussion Have some questions or information about riding that is not tech? Here you go!

07 Ninja ZX-6R

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 10:49 PM
1st Gear Member
Default 07 Ninja ZX-6R

I just bought this bike and its been great. I drive alot of rally style drivin with cars such as Evo's and such. Now i have my bike i love to do it with the bike. Any of your more expereinced riders have any advice to offer in terms of what things i can do to take turns cleaner and smoother. Im not really havin any problems but allways lookin for the next edge. Really would like to be able to drive low to the ground and be comfortable down there. My main problem is when i get low my foot wants to touch the ground which isnt good. when i go into a turn i keep the foot above the gears and sneak it back in there when i come out of the turn. and ridin adive would be welcome. just tryin to allways learn. thanks

Old 07-13-2007, 11:45 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 07 Ninja ZX-6R

I would say check out this book
http://www.amazon.com/Sport-Riding-T...367&sr=8-5

Its sport riding techniques. Its a great book.

Old 07-14-2007, 01:25 AM
1st Gear Member

thanks ill check it out i appreciate it

Old 07-14-2007, 04:49 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I have not read that one. But from the contents portion, still looks pretty basic like KC's books/vids. Sounds like a good read non the less though.

Old 07-14-2007, 04:49 PM
1st Gear Member

sweet thanks its on its way so ill be readin it shortly

Old 10-19-2007, 07:16 AM

Hi guys. I also just bought an 07 ZX-6R (a silver one). I love how the bike handles, but I've been having problems with accessing the shifter because it's angled a little lower than I was used to with my last bike which I only had for about 5 months. Is there any way to easily raise the pedal angle position? I figure that I could just loosen and reposition the clamp on the pivot point right next to the engine, but I just got the bike two days ago so I'm extremely paranoid......... plus I'm a newbie rider. Any help would be appreciated.......... unless it involves using a really big hammer.

Old 10-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF. not sure about the shifter thang...

Old 10-21-2007, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Shift lever angle

Your shifter should be mounted on a toothed shaft with a bolt that screws through the pivot area. (Capbolt or maybe 8mm?) Loosen the bolt, slide the shifter lever off the shaft, and move it clockwise one or two teeth; whatever is more comfortable. Sometimes on the stock peg setups, there just doesn't seem to be a "good position" which feels right. I'd recommend a good pairof adjustable rearsets. Not cheap, but they allow you to really customize your peg position and shifter and rear brake (if you use it that much...)so it's just right for you. I've got some Harris rearsets, but there are other brandsout there as good or better.

(Edited a typo or two.)

Old 10-21-2007, 08:02 PM
1st Gear Member

What's wrong with a really big hammer?

Old 10-24-2007, 01:54 AM

Why do you want to touch the ground with your foot? I just pull my foot back from the shifter and keep it on the peg when taking turns. It should never need to leave contact with the peg if you get used to it and have dedicated motorcycle footwear. That way, you can also push off the peg to eject if you low side the bike like I just did.

Quick Reply: 07 Ninja ZX-6R