Gear Section Have some questions about the best safety gear for you? Ask it here!

Vega 1pc rainsuit

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 05:18 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up Vega 1pc rainsuit

Just got a Vega 1pc rainsuit (for obvious reasons, if you live in SW Ohio!!!) Got it from Amazon, because Motorcycle Superstore "didn't know when they would re-stock their supply." I wanted a suit with increased visibility; most cagers never change their windshield wiper blades or keep a clean screen. I like this suit because of the reflective piping and parallelograms down the arms. The diagonal zipper is also pretty cool, because you don't have this big wad of zippered suit in your crotch when you're sitting on the bike. The bottom leg openings are generously sized; relatively easy to put on over boots (unless you're wearing some nasty Vibram hiking soles.) Plenty of velcro at hands and feet to secure openings. Elastic waist keeps things trim. Nice full collar (with hideaway hood?) to keep the drips out. For around 75 bucks, it's a nice rubber suit.
Looks like rain here, this afternoon. Will give you an update after the next downpour.

Attached Thumbnails Vega 1pc rainsuit-2009-vega-one-piece-rain-suit-black.jpg  
Old 05-14-2011, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Update on the rainsuit. I was in a nice soaking rain today for about an hour. No worries; suit performed flawlessly. One of the best things is the collar. It's about 2-3" tall and seals securely. What this means, is that the drips coming off your helmet never get to your neck; they drip on the suit and go away. The wraparound cuffs on the pant-leg bottoms wrap and secure with velcro, so it's a nice tight fit. No water gets in. I wore an old set of Held gloves. With the velcro closure wrist, nothing gets in there, either. The neck-to-left-front-pant-pocket zipper has an inner storm flap which laps over the zipper top to bottom. The outer flap laps over the top and seals with velcro. The result is NOTHING gets inside. The suit has an upper right breast pocket with velcro flap, which can hold your wallet, cell phone, etc. Everything stays dry.
The upper torso inside has a mesh liner, which helps prevent that plastic-wrap feel of suits which do not have the liner.
My verdict is, for 75 bucks, it's one helluva suit. Rolls up into about a 6x6x12 roll, so it will fit in a tank bag. Highly recommended. I actually enjoyed riding in the rain today, and could've stayed out much longer.