Gear Section Have some questions about the best safety gear for you? Ask it here!

Touring gear

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Default Touring gear

I've got a pretty good collection of touring gear together for my 500r, but I wanted to start a thread about what the tourers on this forum pack with them, and where they got it, etc.

I've got the cortech sport saddle/ tailbag set up with a tank bag and this neat little backpack that fold down and zips up for storage in a baggy that's about 1 inch deep by 6 inches, by 4, that's tucked into the tail bag in case I've got more to carry. I bough some reflectors and two flashing bike lights to attach to my saddlebags when I'm out later in the evening on the highway or whatever.

Also:
flares, lighter, extra tie downs, pocket knife, compass, flashlight, tire patch kit, first aid kit, and a general pill pouch, anti-histamines, ibuprofin, antacid, visine, nasal spray, tweezers, thomas guide, air pressure gauge, mini measuring tape (for chain slack)state map, and soon a camelbak to strap onto my chest (backwards I know, but I wear a back protector too), plenty of other ****, but not that important.

Also, I've browsed around, and I seem to be the only guy on here interested in finding a good boot knife. Also, any good mini-tool kits out there? I was going to get a small tool kit pieced together for roadside work that the standard underseat tool kit can't handle, likerear wheel adjustments, etc.

Please, anybody let me know what they use, I'm curious to exchange ideas on gear.