Gear Section Have some questions about the best safety gear for you? Ask it here!

Textile Gear

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator
Default Textile Gear

I know, I know......leather is better. Anyways, I bought a Rhyno Dragon textile jacket (complete armour, zip out liner) I was wondering if anyone else has a textile jacket.

Looking for cleaning tips. Thanks.

Old 06-08-2005, 02:58 AM
Default RE: Textile Gear

I just bought me a 2005 Icon TiMax Jacket. It's textile with the liner. I've heard nothing but praise on this jacket, so I went with that. Infact when I bought it, the guy behind the counter told me that his buddy just went down wearing one at about 40mph, he and the jacket hardly had a scratch. He said you could tell were it rubbed the pavement, but there were no tears, holes, or anything ripped off of the jacket.

Old 06-08-2005, 08:29 PM
Super Moderator

Actually I've heard a lot of good things about those jackets too. I like the Icon jackets but they are a bit pricey imo. I have the Icon Super Duty gloves, they are awesome.

Have you had to clean your jacket yet? We have a lot of bugs this time of year, so I have had to clean mine off several times, I just used a mild soap and water. It seemed to work okay.

Old 06-08-2005, 09:07 PM

i just bought an icon tarmac jacket and it is pretty cool. no complaints except that it is a bit drafty in the morning lately.

sorry, dont know anyone with a rhyno dragon.

Old 06-09-2005, 06:12 PM
Super Moderator

My jacket was hard to get (new design for this season I think). I ordered it in through one of the dealerships here and it was only supposed to take a week to come in. Well about a month later the jacket came in. I'll have to get some pics and post them, I can't find any pics of it anywhere not even the manufacturer's website.

Old 06-09-2005, 06:27 PM

Have you had to clean your jacket yet? We have a lot of bugs this time of year, so I have had to clean mine off several times, I just used a mild soap and water. It seemed to work okay.

Haven't cleaned it yet, don't really know if I will really clean it(bug guts look cool on jackets), but I would think that by the time I feel like cleaning it I can just use a brush or something and wipe the crusty stuff off.

Old 06-09-2005, 06:55 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Remo

(bug guts look cool on jackets), but I would think that by the time I feel like cleaning it I can just use a brush or something and wipe the crusty stuff off.
Gross!!! But I suppose, once they harden up, they'd probably come right off. I think bug guts are disgusting!

Old 06-09-2005, 07:07 PM

Here's a pic I just took of the jacket and bike...

Old 06-09-2005, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

Well, I must say you are one stylin' guy Remo! I hope you've got your wife set up as well as you are!

I had a heck of a time trying to find gear to match my bike. They don't make anything purplish/black anymore . I'll try to get some pics tonight, I'm definately going for a ride tonight. It is currently sunny and 24 C (75 F) here!

Old 06-10-2005, 03:44 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

nice flag Remo[sm=bangbang.gif] communist[8D]

anyway.. I have Joe rocket jacket.. and I have washed it a few times.. just take out the armor.. run the jacket with a regular load of laundry and let air dry.. worked great and smelled good too..
now my leather goes to the dry cleaners at the end of the season.. and in between I wash it with a rag and a little simple green.. then use a leather conditoner

Quick Reply: Textile Gear