Gear Section Have some questions about the best safety gear for you? Ask it here!

icon team merc jacket

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 08:17 AM
Default icon team merc jacket

i wanna order the white one, but im not sure if the sleeves will be short, i doubt they will.........i wear a large shirt (kinda loose) and i figure a large jacket will be good. my sleeve length is around 34-35 i believe and i think the merc jacket is 33 for a large. can anyone help me that owns a icon or team merc jacket......i'm 6'0, chest is no problem, only thing im worried about is sleeve length. downside is if i were to get a xl for the sleeve lenght it's be so damn wide........any smaller guys with icon jackets large and sleeves longer. i plan on ordering the white jacket and icon super duty boots on metric bikes tonight or tomorrow.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:01 AM
Default RE: icon team merc jacket

I think gotrice has that jacket...i was looking at the same one, and tried the large on and it fit well..im 5-10 190lbs

Old 04-23-2006, 09:15 AM

yea, he told me it fit him good, just making sure cause my arms are a bit longer.......the sleeves were good on you? if not a lil long>? since i'll be kinda stretched and all. 200 bucks aint bad for that icon jacket and those boots.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:25 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i wouldnt order a icon untill i was able to try it on. im not knocking icon, i love their product, but their jackets fit weird. i usually get a large size jacket but with the icon daytona i had to get a xl, and the boots ran big, like i wear a 9 to a 9.5 depending on the shoe and ended up with a 8.5 field armor boot.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:40 AM

yea, only downside is i have nowhere to try the jacket or boot on, local dealer doesn't have icon

Old 04-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

if your ordering it online, check out the return policy. mabey even order it from cycle gear, there pretty good with returns and the whole online thing.

Old 04-23-2006, 09:51 AM

sounds good........i wear 11 in shoes, so hopefully the 11 boots aren't too big........same with jacket, i'd rather not pay fees to return shipping.

Old 04-23-2006, 04:18 PM

if your gonna order icon stuff checkout imotorcyclestore.com they have good prices and will usually match everyone(if they arent the cheapest already), plus free shipping.

Old 04-23-2006, 06:06 PM
1st Gear Member

i wear a xl in everything but when i tried on my motorhead jacket, I had to get a size larger. now that i've broken it in and taken out the liner, i could of stayed at xl.

Old 04-23-2006, 08:29 PM

i wear a xl in everything but when i tried on my motorhead jacket, I had to get a size larger. now that i've broken it in and taken out the liner, i could of stayed at xl.
good point...my Astars jacket stretched a lil bit too....just remembed, which you prolly know, with jackets, you want them to stop basically at the wrist, unlike traditional jackets, you want to go past your wrist...so the 33" might not be bad if your reg sleave length is 34-35

Quick Reply: icon team merc jacket