Gear Section Have some questions about the best safety gear for you? Ask it here!

Fashion leather plus...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Default Fashion leather plus...

mesh armor jacket?

Something like the Joe Rocket one or even the icon stuff.

Just thinking it'd be a way to look good and stay protected, say if u were going to a party or something. Probably wouldn't work too well though.

Old 08-21-2006, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Fashion leather plus...

True the mesh does not offer the same level of protection as leather but better mesh then nothing.

Dam I was pissed I did not have my camera yesterday when I saw this fool mounting is bike in a suite and it was a shinny suite

Old 08-21-2006, 05:00 PM
Super Moderator

Go with the leather! That is if you want to look good at a party or something! Last time I saw a guy at the bar in his leather motorcycle jacket............lets just say.........nah, better not!!

Sorry I got a thing for guys in leather!

Old 08-21-2006, 08:20 PM

Well, I don't have a bike so it doesn't really matter for me, but it was something I was wondering about. You have the mesh and the armor for impact, and if you had a fashion leather coat or something over it, you have leather for sliding.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Wannabe250

Well, I don't have a bike so it doesn't really matter for me, but it was something I was wondering about. You have the mesh and the armor for impact, and if you had a fashion leather coat or something over it, you have leather for sliding.
Fashoin leather will last about as long as a pair of jeans no good.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Personally - no. I don't think that would look good as the fashion leather is supposed to fit you well, if you were putting a mesh jacket with the armour underneath, I just can't picture it looking good.

Old 08-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: bluebird

Personally - no. I don't think that would look good as the fashion leather is supposed to fit you well, if you were putting a mesh jacket with the armour underneath, I just can't picture it looking good.
Look like a football player with a leather jacket on lol

Old 08-21-2006, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Notstock

ORIGINAL: bluebird

Look like a football player with a leather jacket on lol
hehehehe, in that case, definately get a pair of those pants they wear - funny how all football players have nice looking butts! Oops......

Old 08-22-2006, 03:25 AM

Heh, yeah, no kidding. Just feel the stuff. There's a reason leather riding jackets are thicker than the fashion jackets.. If you're that concerned... You can always bring your spare jacket and lock your leathers to the bike. All depends on how much you trust leaving your stuff wherever you are.

Old 08-22-2006, 03:29 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Gerg

Heh, yeah, no kidding. Just feel the stuff. There's a reason leather riding jackets are thicker than the fashion jackets.. If you're that concerned... You can always bring your spare jacket and lock your leathers to the bike. All depends on how much you trust leaving your stuff wherever you are.
ya that stuff is crap.........

Quick Reply: Fashion leather plus...