Gear Section Have some questions about the best safety gear for you? Ask it here!

which boots....

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 05:32 AM
1st Gear Member
Default which boots....

so i have 3 choices of boots to pick from.... which would any of you recommend or not recommend for that matter......

in orde of my preference...... [8D]

1. http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1..._SMX3-SIL-36_G

2. http://www.motorcyclegiant.com/Alpin...p/as_smx4b.htm

3. http://www.cyclegear.com/spgm.cfm?L1...AR_A650-1-39_G

Old 09-19-2006, 06:51 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: which boots....

# 2 ....I like the looks of that one.

Did you get your jacket and stuff yet man? That was a nice list you had picked out......

Old 09-19-2006, 06:56 AM
1st Gear Member

going to go this coming saturday with my list.... and let the spending begin.....

reason i liked the 1st, they have them on sale ($80 off) and i think i want the silver black, which means I could get silver black gloves.... and then the jacket and pants black.... so it's not all one color.... and looks like i will be getting the 07 silver metalic 500 so they would go that much more with the bike!!!

the 1st and 2nd look much stronger then the 3rd, and i do want a bunch of protection!!!

Old 09-19-2006, 07:07 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Ya, that third one is fugly!! lol

The first and the second both look good. If the bike is silver, get the first ones.

It's nice to finally see someone get the gear, THEN the bike.

Old 09-19-2006, 07:09 AM
1st Gear Member

this way i did my reaserch and leg work on the gear without having to rush and buy stuff....

this way i will be saving something like 20%..... and that is always a good thing.....

Old 09-19-2006, 07:17 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Def a good thing!!

Just don't show up all geared out, ready to go, and drop the bike in the parking lot!! lol...... It's funny I know, but I saw it happen at the dealer here while I was picking up parts. Whenever someone buys a new bike, they ring a bell then you can drive off. So everyone goes outside, and watches the newbie drive off. That dude must have been nervous, boom, dropped it!!! lol lol

Old 09-19-2006, 07:57 AM
1st Gear Member

if i go with this one place, they supposedly can deliever the bike for you - so i'm opting to do that..... LOL - that would be hella funny!!!

i remember the first time i dropped my dirt bike, i got up as quickly as i could even though i hurt my hand pretty bad just so people don't think nothing of it..... since then i have crashed a few times, some harder then others.... and still the first reaction is holly crap, i fk-up.... and want to get up quick.... but other times i just take my time!!!

Old 09-19-2006, 08:08 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Yep...I hear that one!! lol

I dropped my bike not long ago.... I've been riding a while, and I still dropped my bike. I couldn't believe it. I was sitting still too!! lol... Put my foot down in gravel, and boom!! The wife and I fell right off. I just looked at it. LMAO!!!

Old 09-19-2006, 08:11 AM
1st Gear Member

my friend that's been riding for ever now told me.... it's not if i will fall of the bike, it's when i fall of.... so, the reason why i'm trying to get good gear - protection, protection, protection!!!

Old 09-19-2006, 08:23 AM

theres 2 kinds of riders, those that have fallen, and those that will....

Quick Reply: which boots....