Gear Section Have some questions about the best safety gear for you? Ask it here!

biker jeans

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 06:01 PM
1st Gear Member
Default biker jeans

has anyone had the misfortune of going down in those kevlar renforced jeans ie. icon a* ect how did they hold up i know jeans are worthless and i like my skin but still cant talk myself into lookin like im at an ama racetrack with full suit just when im goin to da local bike nite or grocery store ant one know of some decent slip ons that i can take off when i get where im goin but thats gota b hot to wear two pair o pants

Old 02-11-2007, 06:06 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: biker jeans

by the way if i do go with the full suit what colors go with ninja green?? like trying to ryme da word orange prob go with black but wouldt mind some color what u guys wear post pics thanks mabe leather without knee sliders on em wouldnt look so racy never touched down a knee anyway think i lean far enough but i tuck dat s@#t in

Old 02-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, know what you mean about looking like you are at the track. I am sure that a lot of people are wearing the icon pants with good success. A friend of mine that went down was wearing them. Some scuffs, but they held up well.
If street riding only is your thing, the icons held up for my friend, I like the Bates Custom Leathers two piece and also the Z custom leathers. Getting gear is an investment, initial cost is pretty expensive though.It is a tough decision,( will you be happy with them, if not why did I spend that kind of money for them) kinda deal.
As far as colors, I know that Z custom leathers offer kawi green. A lot of people still prefer the white and/or black colors since they pretty much look good with any color of ride.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:46 PM
1st Gear Member

my gear-up.......

[IMG]local://upfiles/2597/5CFF340E19E94AD6B74D30C12B54BFD8.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-12-2007, 03:10 AM
1st Gear Member

thats the suit im leaning towards thats the stage rite? mite go with sumthing like the a* bat pants instead of the suit pants with the knee sliders would love to go to the track but havent yet and if i do can rent leathers i think

Old 02-12-2007, 05:01 AM
1st Gear Member

yes it is.... i like it, after it's broken in it's comfy too!

Old 02-12-2007, 07:07 AM
1st Gear Member

Nothing beats leathers of course and if you want something you can slip on and off try the Powertrip Black Diamond Overpant. These pants have a zipper that runs all the up the leg to get in and out of easy. The leather is very comfy. Another thing ou can do is utilize Icon's armor, they offer shorts with hip pads, knee and shin guards, and elbow guards. All of which can be worn under whatever you normally wear. Let me know if you have any other q's about gear...it's what I do.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:52 AM

I was stuck in the same situation. I was stuck between the Icon Jeans and the Icon Super Duty pants. I ended up with the Black Icon Super Duty 2 pants. Very comfortable and when your walking around they look like normal cargo pants. I'll probably end up buying a pair of the jeans too, I've also heard they are very comfortable.

Old 02-13-2007, 01:24 AM

suprakawigrl, I have a girlfriend that rides an R6. Iv'e been trying to find some sort of pant that would fit her well and have some protection. She is 5'3 and 105 pounds, so u can imagine how hard it is to find things that fit. If u have ideas Im trying to figure out jeans/cargo pants and leather gloves for her tiny hands(she wears a kids large in dirt bike gloves) Thanks!

Old 02-13-2007, 09:35 AM
1st Gear Member

jessiah1, she would probably fit well into Icon's line for women, Icon's gear tends to run one size small for most women. Also another brand that would fit her well is Rev'it they are one of the few lines that offer different inseams for women like short, standard and tall. Rev'it is an excellent brand and a great company I think their quality is as good if not better than Dainese. Just a note, guys Rev'it makes short, standard and tall sizes for you too.

Astars goes down to size 2 but they tend to run on the tall side. If you could get me waist size and inseam I could give you a better list of suggestions.

Quick Reply: biker jeans