Gear Section Have some questions about the best safety gear for you? Ask it here!

(Another) question on gearing up..

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 08:41 PM
Default (Another) question on gearing up..

Don't hate me cause I'm a noob!

Went in today to try on some Icon leather jackets. Tried a medium and it was a bit too big, guy said try a small but they didn't have any, but he said judging by how the medium fit a small would be alright. Hopefully that's correct.

The icon field armor shorts.. newenough says a small is a waist of 30, a medium is 33. My waist size is 31.. should I go with the small?

And last question.. those icon reinforced jeans.. are the sizes roughly the same as regular jeans? I wear a 30-32 in jeans so I was thinking 30 in the icon because I like to wear normal jeans a little loose, probably don't want that in riding jeans, lest they slide around in a fall.

Old 09-13-2006, 09:29 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: (Another) question on gearing up..

I take it you will be ordering the pants online. When you are shopping around, just see what the return policy is. If they have no problems w/ returns, buy both sizes and return the size that doesnt fit. That way you wont have to send them back and wait around for the right size.

Old 09-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: jayden

I take it you will be ordering the pants online. When you are shopping around, just see what the return policy is. If they have no problems w/ returns, buy both sizes and return the size that doesnt fit. That way you wont have to send them back and wait around for the right size.
Tip for buying online; go find what you want at any shop close to you that has it. Try it on and get the sizes right and the item or model #'s.
Then return to your computer armed with the needed information and start shopping.

Good luck

Old 09-13-2006, 11:13 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

If your waist size is a 31, then a 30 should fit no probs... They are stretchy.

The icon pants are pretty close to the same sizing. They also make relaxed fit in the Icon pants. So you can get the right size, and still have the relaxed fit you want.

And when you try on jackets. Put the jacket on and then sit on a bike in ride position. Just standing with the jacket on can be misleading.

Like NS said, if you have a local store, try it on first, then purchase.....

Old 09-14-2006, 02:45 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

icon stuff has a weird sizing to it so i wouldnt buy anything untill i tried it on.

Old 09-15-2006, 04:20 PM
1st Gear Member

which jacket did you try on. b/c I believe the leather fit large and the textile fit small. my jacket fits very snug with the liner in it but when i take it out the jacket becomes very loose.

Old 09-15-2006, 08:05 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

i tried on all of the icon jackets and each one was different. even on the leather ones. the legion jacket i needed a xxl when i usualy wear a large and on my daytona retro i ended up with a xl

Old 10-07-2006, 11:51 AM
1st Gear Member

I sound like a damn commercial, and I swear I don't work for these guys, BUT!
Cycle gear always lets me try **** on, sitting on my bike if I either give them my key or they simply just walk out with me. I usually park infront of the store anyway. Always always try **** on sitting on your bike. Things change big time when you're on a sportbike compared to standing around. Oh and they pricematch

Old 10-07-2006, 03:08 PM
1st Gear Member

I too think they are good and have a good shop!!!

As to the price match, doesn't it have to be a local shop that has the price lower then them? (Not like an OnLine store???)
And that store has to have that in stock??? I got a bunch of stuff, my full gear up, and did find a store loacal that had it cheaper and they matched it no prob, but they had to call there and confirm the other place had it and what price....