ER-6N Front brake lever travel

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 07:31 AM
Default ER-6N Front brake lever travel

Greetings fellow Kawi enthusiasts.

I'm coming to you with a weird issue, that i couldn't find a conclusive answer for while searching.

The issue is, that my front brake lever has a huge "play" in it, it has to travel about half way until the brakes engage, after that point the braking power is decent enough for me.

What i tried and didn't help:
-Changed the brake fluid(was a little discoloured)
-Bled the system(had a little air, very tiny bubbles, very little)
-Adjusted the dial on the lever to the max position(on the minimum the lever almost touches the grip)

Additional info:
-The pads look fine, and bite quite good after the lever finally reaches it's point
-Got steel braided lines installed
-Discs look fine

Could be important:
While i was changing the fluid and bleeding the system, i had the reservoir cap off. When i was pulling the lever i noticed that until that half way point of engagement the pump is actually pushing liquid back into the reservoir like crazy. I was expecting it to return the fluid when letting go, but it's squirting when pulling.

These are the information i can supply, i hope that someone can help me. This is quite annoying and doesn't inspire confidence.

Old 08-08-2018, 11:10 PM
1st Gear Member

About the only active discussions on this forum revolve around KLX 250S bikes. You may have better luck at this forum:

Old 01-29-2023, 03:38 PM
1st Gear Member

What have you guys tried for grip tape? I wanted a little something on the KLX and Rally and have been using this. Low key forest road riding, Nothing crazy, and in street cordura/boots/etc. So far, so good!

I used:
Amazon Amazon

Also available:
Amazon Amazon