91 el250 e1

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 01:26 AM
Default 91 el250 e1

Yes it is a 250 but somebody should be able to help. I bought this thing a week ago. (I will post pictures soon). The guy I bought it from had it for three years. He rode it on his property with his grandkids the first 2 years but this last summer it just sat. Unfortunately he did not winterize it so it gumed up the carbs. I got it home and started to pull it apart and discovered that it had been tinkered with. This bike has lots of vacuum lines on it and they were all removed from the carb. I have gone to kawasaki.com and looked at the scematics but they are no help at all. I cleaned the carbs and reassembled everything but it will not fire. I checked the plugs and spark. It all looks good.I tried strarting fluid but not even a cough. Then I noticed the kickstand safety switch, but still nothing. If somebody has a diagram of the routing of the vacuume hose the could send me please let me know. Or iff there is something else that I need to check.

p.s. the diagram that is stickered on the rear fender does me absolutly no good. I can't make heads or tail of it. Taking this bike to a shop is out because I bought it as a vehicle to get me back and forth to work until I save enough money for a vehicle with 4 wheels and windshield wipers. My money is stretched very thin. Thanks for any help.