Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 12:51 PM
Default Exhaust

come on nobody has a 500....Ok OK its my wifes bike but its a nice bike and im looking for some info for her. Is there a aftermarket exhaust for the 500 to make it sound like a bike? She was wanting a little more volume on her pipes. Any help?

Old 04-20-2005, 12:40 AM
Default RE: Exhaust

Hah! i'm looking too. Someone called my bike a moped last week, I think it sounds like a lawnmower, but she goes, so I guess i can't complain too much. Should i run across something out there, i will put up a post. Good luck with the search.
welcome to the site

Old 06-03-2005, 01:56 AM

I am also looking,i just bought a 500 as my first bike,i love the thing but it does sound like an angry bumble bee.If ya find something keep us posted.Thank....Jason

Old 06-05-2005, 08:07 PM

hey,
I ride a kawasaki en500/1990. I just put new jardine exhausts on her and she sounds great.
They were a little pricey (436) but well worth it. I think it's a great bike and have gotten a lot of compliments. Good luck

Old 06-07-2005, 03:50 AM

Nanamona,I would love to see the pics.Do you remember the part number and where you ordered them from?

Old 06-25-2005, 04:58 AM

Ok here goes, I've got a 98 500 ltd and finding aftermarket exhaust has so far been impossible. If you own a 96 or below you can find them. I have about came to the point of just going to a custom shop and having them fabricated so that I get what I want but if anyone can come up with a place that does sell them PLEASE let everyone else in on it.

Old 03-06-2006, 02:51 AM

Hey I'm Greg and I ride a 1990 en500 as well do you have some pics of the exhaust? I'm interested in seeing how it jazz's up the bike but jardin doesn't have any pics of the exhaust?

Old 03-06-2006, 03:07 AM

Hey I'm Greg I'm new here and here is a pic of my 1990 en500 vulcan. I have done some serious upgrades on this bike this year, I stripped all the emblems off and had it repainted a pearl lavendar, it turned out beautiful, i also have a graphics idea I'm working on for a custom look. I just put new avon tires on front and rear. She got new braked front and rear, she got new grip and is getting new front and rear footpegs to match this upcoming weekend at the flint motorcycle swap meet. I got 2 new helmets painted to match the bike, and I'm searching for some custom mirrors, I'm interested in the jardin exhausts if anyone has got some pics or can gimme some detail on the sound it produces. I put a new battery in her and am looking for some custom handlebars as well. Go to the swap meets they have great deals there. I bought all new leathers, a rear bag that attaches to the sissy bar for long travel and got a cargo net for short carries as well. I have just been having a blast completely remodling this wonderful bike. I'm also looking for some clear lenses to replace the yellow ones for the turn signals if anyone knows of a route for that as well.
Thanks for the time and enjoy we will be riding soooooon!
peace
Rootz
ps it keeps telling me file too large to put a pic up but you can holla at rootzmassuer4u@yahoo.com or just check the profile on yahoo messenger if your interested in checking her out!

Old 03-27-2007, 08:01 PM

You have to modify the exhaust that is on the bike,I sawed off the mufflers on mine and it was louder than any Harley,problem is,unless you buy some exhaust extentions and weld them on,all the noise in right below you and it is incredibly loud.I plan to but some fishtail extentions and use them,I think this will not only lower the noise level a bit,but it'll also move the noise to the rear of the bike.I've heard that to run straight pipes,you need to rejet your carbs,but I've had no problems.[sm=pimp.gif]

Old 04-08-2007, 04:20 AM

Hi guys n gals (if there are any) I'm new to the forum and came across the question of exhaust mods.

YES THERE IS AN AFTERMARKET MUFFLERS I BELIEVE THESE FIT 97 - UP 500 LTD'S

actually they may fit other years and models but heres the link
http://www.scootworks.com/swcart/shop/partspipeskaw.htm

I hope this has been of some hope!! Anyone know where I can get a factory backrest (sissybar) for a 2000 500 LTD

Quick Reply: Exhaust