Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Haven't seen one of these in a while

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:04 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default Haven't seen one of these in a while

Got this today, always good for a laugh I guess

Attn: Dear,
First I must solicit your confidence in this transaction, this is by virtue of it's nature as being utterly Confidential and top secret.
Though I know that a transaction of this magnitude will make any one apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that this is real and genuine.
My name is Mr.Willey Limann. I am the account manager of the international commercial bank Ghana, first light branch. I am a Ghanaian married with two kids.
I am writing to solicit your assistance in the transfer of us$4,500.000.00.
This fund is the excess of what my branch in which I am the manager made as profit during the last year. I have already submitted an approved end of the year report for the year 2007 to my head office here in Accra and they will never know of this excess.
I have since then, placed this amount of us$4,500.000.00 on a suspense account without a beneficiary.
As an officer of the bank, I cannot be directly connected to this money thus I am impelled to request for your assistance to receive this money into your bank account.
I intend to part 30% of this fund to you while 70% shall be for me. I do need to stress that there are practically no risk involved in this. It's going to be a bank-to-bank transfer. All I need from you is to stand as the original depositor of this fund.
If you accept this offer, I will appreciate your timely response.
Regards,
Mr.Willey Limann

Here was my response back to him minus my signature information

Dude, when are you losers going to get a life and stop trying to scam people. You are hilarious, does anyone really fall for this crap? Does your country even have that much money altogether? LOL seriously go get a real job and shut the freak up!!! I'm sending this to Dateline, so get ready for a knock on your door scumbag. See that camera, and that camera? Boo Yaa.

Old 05-24-2008, 08:06 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Haven't seen one of these in a while

And yes I know that you are not supposed to respond to freaks like this, but in some small way it made me feel better imagining that whoever was reading what I sent and all of the sudden his computer explodes in his face at that moment and goes blind and his sac is burned off from the fire.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:39 PM
1st Gear Member

hahahahaa....

i just send them viruses..

and if its in the regular mail, i fedex them some of my dogs **** via the return adress[sm=devilgrin.gif]

Old 05-26-2008, 08:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Here's what some guy did on my other forum that I'm on. Great stuff. You'll have to jump through it for the meaty details. I have mine set on 100 posts per page, and it's at 5 pages. I don't know how many they have standard.

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=57545

Old 05-26-2008, 01:17 PM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

sad thing is even today people still fall for them