Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

any emt's or firefighters in the forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 06:13 AM
Default any emt's or firefighters in the forum

I was wondering if there were any emt's or firefighters in the forum who might know of a website that has personal vehicle lights and sirens for lower cost prices.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:19 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: any emt's or firefighters in the forum

Why do you need sirens and lights?

Old 04-26-2007, 10:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Post a pic of the light style you're looking for. I may be able to get you some good prices.

Old 04-26-2007, 06:05 PM

ORIGINAL: Merdox

Why do you need sirens and lights?
I just joined the local emt service, and aparently you've never had to deal with the Ohio State Highway Patrol before. You dont get warnings from them, only tickets!

I'm looking for behind the grill strobes, windshield strobes, and possibly a thin lightbar to go on a ford explorer sport.

Old 04-26-2007, 08:22 PM
1st Gear Member

I just joined the local emt service, and aparently you've never had to deal with the Ohio State Highway Patrol before. You dont get warnings from them, only tickets!
Well yea I have had to deal with the Ohio State Patrol. I used to live in northern Kentuky and I worked in Ohio! So don't get deffensive, your post said nothing about joining the emt service. For all I knew you wanted to play cop and pull women over durring the middle of the night.

So congrats on the emt job. For Kentucky I know that the lights do NOT give you permission to speed when there is a call. My brother in law got pulled over for that. I assume Ohio is the same way.

Old 04-26-2007, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member

If you can find either Trucklight, Grote, or SignalStat part numbers from their websites, Let me know.

Old 04-26-2007, 11:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Merdox

Well yea I have had to deal with the Ohio State Patrol. I used to live in northern Kentuky and I worked in Ohio! So don't get deffensive, your post said nothing about joining the emt service. For all I knew you wanted to play cop and pull women over durring the middle of the night.

So congrats on the emt job. For Kentucky I know that the lights do NOT give you permission to speed when there is a call. My brother in law got pulled over for that. I assume Ohio is the same way.

I didnt mean to sound defensive, sorry about that. Around here as voulunteers in farm country theres one main road, unfortunately people get tunnel vision on itand dont pay attention to whats behind them much. we have to run lights to get their attention, and we legaly have to run a siren with lights.

Old 04-27-2007, 01:55 AM
1st Gear Member

No big deal shameless, its all good. We need good people out there doing the emt and fire service, so keep up the good work.