New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

hello

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Default hello

a little back story. i bought a new klx250s in june 2009. the day i got it it was raining really hard and i didn't get to ride it. the next day in my friends pasture with the grass still wet i was riding with a friend and due to my inexperience i ended up crashing with the bike landing on my leg and breaking it. people watching were laughing because it really wasn't that hard of a crash and they thought i was bruised a bit but the bike did some damage. 8 months later( tiny multiple fractures near my ankle took a while to heal) i was pretty much back to normal but it was february and a little cold and to be honest i was a little scarred of it. the summer was finally here but i still wasn't riding it. i went through the safety course at dmv and that helped a little with my fear. i walked past it everyday to get to my jeep and didn't have a desire to ride all that summer of 2010, in fact if the right buyer had come along i would have sold it. well this last winter my jeep was undergoing some modification that had some problems and i needed parts that wouldn't be in for a week. my only choice was to ride in the winter when it was 10 degress out when i left for work. through that me and the bike bonded and i was back to feeling good about it. i have now put some miles on it and am in no way experienced at riding but i think my fear is gone and replaced with respect. it's had it's first oil change and i have been lubing the chain regularly. i look forward to learning about it and eventually putting in a big bore kit.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome to KF dude. Sorry about your first experiance I laid mine down after an hour of having my KLX, and well after riding it for a couple of years I came up with the theory, " if your not layin it down your not riding" haha but thats just me,, I hate that you broke your leg though but glad you recovered. and again, welcome to KF

Old 07-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums and the best bike ever!!! Don't feel bad about dropping the bike. It happens to the best of us....well not me, but still. I've clocked nearly 15,000 miles on the KLX and a good portion of that has been on trails and gravel roads. Either I've been really lucky, or I'm just that good.......ok I'm leaning toward the lucky part, although I am so OCD that I think that keeps me from letting my bike take a dirt nap. Some people say if you dont wreck, then you aren't riding hard enough or fast enough. While that may be true to some extent, 3 reasons keep me from going beyond the limit. 1.) I love me family and want to be around for them as long as possible. 2.) I'm 47 now and if I break anything, I'm afraid it would just stay broke, and 3.) I'm too poor to replace stuff that gets tore up on the bike, so I think that keeps me in line.

Just remember that we are here for you, no matter what comes up, again welcome and have fun, and ride safe.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:20 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF