New Member Area New to KF? Stop in tell us about you.

What's up from MI

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 03:40 AM
Default What's up from MI

Hey, my name is Dave. I started into this kind of stuff when I was 13 and my Dad brough home a Kawasaki Drifter F/A. As soon as I was 15, I restored a vintage Yamaha Moped. I got out of small engines when I bought my 85 Shelby Charger, but after numerous problems I posted it for sale. I got an offer of a trade for an 82 Kawasaki.

My bike is an 82 Kawasaki KZ550C. It's a 4 cylinder 6 speed. I got it with new paint, new Battlax tires, a new battery and a great running and shifting drivetrain. I have fixed a few minor problems and it has been a great first bike.

I've been riding for a month now. My Girlfriend, Family, and friends are all convinced I am going to kill myself, and I honestly don't care what they think. I know I am a safe rider, I haven't broken 75mph with it yet and after 300 miles the factory seam on the tire is still there and visible.

So any other new riders out there, hit me with a private message. Anyone with advice, hit me up. Anyone from MI who wants to ride with me, message me. See you all on the forums!

Old 07-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums. Glad to have you aboard. Keep in mind, that no matter what your experience, there will always be people worried about us. Just remember that there are some common reasons for accidents on a bike that we can take out of the equation. Speed, road conditions, (we can slow down) and experience. Experience takes care of itself, and if you ride safe, and within not only the speed limit, but sometimes under that according to the experience you have, that will keep you out of a lot of situations right there. We can't control what others do, or the deer or dog that runs out in front of us and remember as you turn left, always do the over the shoulder head check, always scan behind you and as you go through intersections, force the people to make eye contact with you, and if they dont, look for an escape route.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:17 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

welcome to KF

Old 07-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Congrats on the new ride. Play it smart, gear up and enjoy. Welcome to KF