Stand alone tuning ECU for KLX250

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 12:38 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Stand alone tuning ECU for KLX250

Hi guys, I am new here.

I found many tool which put a wide band lambda sensor such as Piggy bag or Juice box for KLX250. But today I found that there were stand alone ECU for DTX and KLX250 in my country and I can take this video clip. Anybody had an experience with this model?
‪Stand alone unlimit tuning ECU for Kawasaki KLX/DTX 250‬‏ - YouTube

Old 07-14-2011, 01:40 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Who makes it? Where is it available? We're talking about the FI model only, right? There's a current post over on ADV where a guy has that Lambda version installed on his KLR650.

Old 07-14-2011, 02:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Yes, this is DTK250 2010 model with the same engine to KLX250. This available in Thailand, producer is API Tech (Thai brand), so the tuning program as see in the video is Thai language (and I'm developing my English skill :P). I'm not sure that there is another vender or manufacturer who produce a box like this.

How about KLR650 (I can not found the post)? Do they try to use juice box or tuning ECU?

Old 07-14-2011, 04:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Wow , this is good news indeed ! It looks like they are able to modify the ingnition mapping , not only fuel .
Chatbovon , are you from Thailand ? could you please fid out more details about this ? I didnīt know anything about this product and I was actively looking for a programable ECU for the KLX 250 EFI ( or the other 3-4 names it may have ).
The american spec bikes are , for the moment , carburated so the people arround here donīt care that much for the fuel injected KLX toys and trinkets . All of the european bike are EFI sience 2009 and , i might be mistaken , the south american bikes might be EFI from 2012 .
Please keep us posted with details about this new ECU .

Old 07-14-2011, 04:40 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by chatbovon
Yes, this is DTK250 2010 model with the same engine to KLX250. This available in Thailand, producer is API Tech (Thai brand), so the tuning program as see in the video is Thai language (and I'm developing my English skill :P). I'm not sure that there is another vender or manufacturer who produce a box like this.

How about KLR650 (I can not found the post)? Do they try to use juice box or tuning ECU?
Here's the link:

Fuel Injected KLR possibly on the way... - ADVrider

Old 07-15-2011, 03:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Now I'm requesting for the manual of this ECU to API, they are translating to English. For more information, the technician said like Marcelino, "it can adjust everything in ECU and support your modify in every mechanic part (not in some electric part). Also more than 300 cc kit, you will not worry about lack of fuel injection anymore."

Old 07-15-2011, 06:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Marcelino
... , i might be mistaken , the south american bikes might be EFI from 2012 .
(At least) In Brazil, Kawasaki imports the DTX from Thailand since 2009. Not sure if the DTX will still be available, thou. I haven't seen a 2011 model, and I think they are just getting rid of the last units with no intentions to bring more. The price dropped quite a bit, since I bought mine last February.

It worked like this: Brazilians with enough money buy "big" displacement and Brazilians with not enough money buy "small" displacement. The DTX falls right in between that. It's too expensive for the ones with not enough money and too "little" for the ones with enough money.
Add to that the fact that Supermoto isn't very popular over here.

Old 07-15-2011, 09:07 AM
1st Gear Member

I got many pics from technician. This is fuel injection adjusting table by MAP and RPM.

Next, ignition degree adjusting table by throttle percent and RPM

Below is injection timing adjusting graph by RPM

and much more...

I know that you will have many question in your mind, feel free to ask or suggest, I will inform the technician and reply to you. If I don't mistake, this will be the first topic about tuning ECU for Kawasaki KLX250.

Last edited by chatbovon; 07-15-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by chatbovon
Now I'm requesting for the manual of this ECU to API, they are translating to English. For more information, the technician said like Marcelino, "it can adjust everything in ECU and support your modify in every mechanic part (not in some electric part). Also more than 300 cc kit, you will not worry about lack of fuel injection anymore."
Very , very good , I can't wait for this to come out .
Just to put things into perspective :
1) Doing simple things like enriching or leaning the mixture can be performed with some very cheap mods ( under 5 $ ) , i donīt need a 300 $ little magic box to do that .
2) I wanted access to all the parameters of the engine , my only alternative so far was cost prohibitive ( wasn't worth the cost and labor ) :
That would have been puting a 2009/2010 KXF 250 ECU on the KLX 250 . Other than the ECU i would have needed the Kawasaki racing software and the interface . Untill now abbout 1000 $ . Then , i would have needed to rewind the generator in order to have the 50-60 volts ac necessary for the ignition and make and time my own ignition reluctor ( the square toothed metal ring that the RPM sensor reads ) .
Does this sound like a big headache or what ?

Old 07-15-2011, 10:03 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Malves
(At least) In Brazil, Kawasaki imports the DTX from Thailand since 2009. Not sure if the DTX will still be available, thou. I haven't seen a 2011 model, and I think they are just getting rid of the last units with no intentions to bring more. The price dropped quite a bit, since I bought mine last February.

It worked like this: Brazilians with enough money buy "big" displacement and Brazilians with not enough money buy "small" displacement. The DTX falls right in between that. It's too expensive for the ones with not enough money and too "little" for the ones with enough money.
Add to that the fact that Supermoto isn't very popular over here.
So what bikes are available in Brazil ? Are they fuel injected ? Is yours ?
These are the names i know so far for more or less the same bike :
KLX 250 S
KLX 250 SF
DTX 250
D Tracker 250
Suzuki DR 250 SB

Quick Reply: Stand alone tuning ECU for KLX250