Power Commander V KLX250 EFI

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2011, 10:34 PM
1st Gear Member

After some time with PowerCommader installed we can move some details.
The engine response is impressive, much better bike. More and better speeds.
We have installed a 300cc cylinder and the results are spectacular. Better than expected. It's just perfect, comparable to a Yamaha WR250F engine
I hope to provide figures on dyno shortly.
For the correct operation of the cylinder 300cc EFI in the model is essential the presence of the Power Commander or similar. The stock ECU is not getting enough to eat and the engine would fail.
The combination of 300cc + + LeoVinci PowerCommand makes the KLX on another bike: excellent power range from 5000 to 9000rpm. Power figures are higher than a stock KLX300.
I recommend all EFI KLX250 owners who see their bikes boring to perform this powerful transformation ... and grab the handlebars of your bike!!
I'm still frightened by the benefits obtained.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:50 AM
1st Gear Member

JeffW:
NICE report!
Now....how do I get and EFI in the US without spending $$$$$?
Keep it up!!!

Old 07-29-2011, 04:59 PM
1st Gear Member

I think for American models is economically unfeasible to perform a transformation of this type. The costs are too high.
The electrical installation of the injected models is completely different fuel pump inside the tank, fuel injector, fall sensor, O2 sensor ... is crazy cables.

Perhaps in the future if Kawasaki decided to market the model EFI USA this transformation is acceptable.
Gone are the carburetion problems, no longer have to disassemble the carburetor to change the steps of gasoline or clip the needle ... now just from the couch via USB home and send the information to the PC-V try and correct the maps at home.
Sorry for my poor language skills.

Old 08-12-2011, 01:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Very Nice Post Jeffward
So where are you from? as I could not see in your profile.
And where I could find that Power Commander V
We still need the O&M ECU? or it substitute the O&M one? like a new Programable ECU?
Regards

Old 08-12-2011, 10:14 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by sindico440
Very Nice Post Jeffward
So where are you from? as I could not see in your profile.
And where I could find that Power Commander V
We still need the O&M ECU? or it substitute the O&M one? like a new Programable ECU?
Regards
Thanks!
I'm from the Canary Islands, Spain.
The PowerCommanderV purchased at any bike shop. Anyway you can make a display on your website:
Kawasaki KLX250S (European Only) 17-023: Powercommander Downloads, Maps, Installation Guides, Accessories and Product Purchases
Remember that PowerCommand is only for fuel injection models.
On my bike I keep the stock ECU, I have thought about replacing it with the new programmable model, I have enough for the motor to 9000rpm.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:16 PM
1st Gear Member

I can already make public impressions of the installation of the cylinder 300cc more PowerCommand V, we have dyno numbers. We will make a historical review of the evolutionary process improvements All data are obtained to the wheel.:

KLX250 EFI Stock: 19´62cv, torque: 1´996kgm

KLX250 EFI +filter UNI+snorkel KDX: 20´22cv. torque 2.001kgm.

KLX250 EFI +filter UNI+snorkel KDX200+LeoVinci with db killer: 21´32cv, torque: 2.122kgm

KLX250 EFI+UNI+Snorkel KDX+LeoVinci+PowerCommander: 22´16cv; torque:2.285kgm

Graphic comparison between LeoVinci KLX250 with no PowerCommand and PowerCommand:
CV:

Torque:

Finally so far...
KLX250 EFI+UNI+eliminated top AIRBOX+LeoVinci db killer out+PowerCommander+300cc: 25´96cv, torque 2.640kgm

Comparison Chart between 300cc and model 250 with PowerCommand V:

CV

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Torque:
[IMG=http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/8574/kawa3.jpg][/IMG]

A video with 300cc:
klx250 FLY - YouTube

Subjected to the test by various "testers"

I highly recommended because of increased power and torque clutch system strengthening. It is not essential, but desirable:

Springs BARNETT
EBC KX125cc 1993 model clutch:

Highly recommended when the bike is over 10000km Krieger install a tensor:

Thanks and hope to be useful.
Gaaaaaaaassss !!!!!

Last edited by jeffward; 01-26-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Old 08-13-2011, 02:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by jeffward
Thanks!
I'm from the Canary Islands, Spain.
The PowerCommanderV purchased at any bike shop. Anyway you can make a display on your website:
Kawasaki KLX250S (European Only) 17-023: Powercommander Downloads, Maps, Installation Guides, Accessories and Product Purchases
Remember that PowerCommand is only for fuel injection models.
On my bike I keep the stock ECU, I have thought about replacing it with the new programmable model, I have enough for the motor to 9000rpm.
I understood, mine is Fuel Injected too.
BTW, I'm sure it's the most productive post on this forum, till now, talking about MODs that increases some power to the KLX250.
Great job, very usefull. Now I have a line to follow, increasing power to my KLX, thank you very much for share it with all off us.

Old 08-13-2011, 11:12 AM
1st Gear Member

When you need any help do not hesitate to ask.
Greetings and enjoy your KLX

Old 01-30-2012, 10:28 AM
1st Gear Member

The combination of 300cc + + LeoVinci PowerCommand makes the KLX on another bike: excellent power range from 5000 to 9000rpm. Power figures are higher than a stock KLX300.
I recommend all EFI KLX250 owners who see their bikes boring to perform this powerful transformation ... and grab the handlebars of your bike!!
I'm still frightened by the benefits obtained.

Hi Jeff, I took your advice and got an OMC 300 kit from Australian Kawasaki dealer. Do you have any links or step by step instalation guide for the conversion. Still waiting after 14 days for the EJK controller from USA. 300 kit took 3 days from Australia, other end of the planet.

Old 01-30-2012, 11:00 AM
1st Gear Member

The PC-v looks like a great tuning product especially when used with autotune.

Interesting post jeff. There seems to be many ways to skin a EFI cat, sometimes i wish i could just buy some jets & a carb but when the EFI is running well, it's very good!!

Quick Reply: Power Commander V KLX250 EFI