LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2014, 07:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by willb
Short moving picture of me bimbling down 'Hollinsclough' a public road open to all in England's Peak District. New lane to me and its a lot rockier in the middle than it looks - that's why I had a lie down, stalled on a big rock, bottomed the belly pan and tippled over as had no drive (that and my lack of talent).

Hollinsclough, Peak District. - YouTube "Hollinsclough, Peak District"

My bike is fairly standard ~ 13tooth front sprocket, FI clutch switch mod, Michelin AC10 tyres, Acerbis guards, some rather bright LED spotlamps, er took the rubbers off the footpegs that's about it ~ but it does the job for me 7,500miles in 3 years and this is not my 'main' bike
Bloody hell Will, looks like you were going for the golden snitch here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...Jw3BcD5s#t=600

Thanks for posting some great vids!

Old 10-17-2014, 11:18 PM
1st Gear Member

DT175MX, how did buddy who crashed and smashed his oil filter cover/engine case make out? Time for a new engine?

Sometimes it's worth the trouble to lower tire (tyre) pressures. It looked as though a lot of those bikes had pretty high tire pressure and were bouncing off the rocks.

Last edited by ol'klx-er; 10-18-2014 at 03:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-18-2014, 01:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
DT175MX, how did buddy who crashed and smashed his oil filter cover/engine case make out? Time for a new engine?

Sometimes it's worth the trouble to lower tire (tyre) pressures. It looked as though a lot of those bikes had pretty high tire pressure and were bouncing of the rocks.
Time for a new clutch cover for sure-Knew it wasn't going to be good when he launched it into that boulder. That was some pretty gnarly single tracks-good show.

Old 10-18-2014, 08:30 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er

Sometimes it's worth the trouble to lower tire (tyre) pressures. It looked as though a lot of those bikes had pretty high tire pressure and were bouncing of the rocks.
Hopefully Will will tell us.
I assumed the flying KLX is Willb's, since it's the same TRF group - but I could have got it wrong.

Actually I am amazed there was not more damage when landing on a rock from a few feet up.

Old 10-19-2014, 04:55 PM
1st Gear Member
Location: Cheshire, in between the Welsh hilly bits and the Peak district hilly bits - just about in the North
Default Flying KLX - not guilty

Originally Posted by DT175MX
Hopefully Will will tell us.
I assumed the flying KLX is Willb's, since it's the same TRF group - but I could have got it wrong.

Actually I am amazed there was not more damage when landing on a rock from a few feet up.
Not me - never had my front wheel off the ground let alone a flying KLX. Some of the local TRF lads know the chaps in that vid but not me ~ only been riding the Peaks for 2 years since I moved to the area.

The lane the flying lesson took place is called Three Shires Head as halfway along you cross two rivers that form the boundaries between Cheshire, Derbyshire and Staffordshire {all sounds a bit Lord of the Rings?}. I have ridden it a number of times, it's fun but the airport section is a bit rocky and seems to go on and on. The bridge section is lovely I usually stop to take in the views (and get my breath back).

Just after the end of this lane there is a farm where Trial (rather than Trail) bikes practise and we usually stop to watch some real bike control going on.

To keep on thread a couple of snaps - the one with my bike is just below where the rocky bit starts, and the one of the bridge and streams is strangely enough where the bridge and streams are.

Will

Attached Thumbnails  LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-img_0294.jpg    LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-img_0299.jpg  
Old 10-21-2014, 03:25 PM
1st Gear Member

Oops sorry!
What's the old saying:
"one should never assume, it makes an *** of u and me"
Me in this case!

Nice pics. Looks like a really nice trail. Maybe a bit too far from Leeds, for me to go for a bimble there.

Edit:
Ah, just found it on the map and realised I have been near there on the MTB: Cat and Fiddle down past Cumberland Cott - excellent stuff!

Last edited by DT175MX; 10-21-2014 at 03:37 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 10:11 PM
Default my 09

here's my bike after plasti dipping the panels. Love the new look.  LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs-20141020_153521.jpg

Old 10-28-2014, 03:47 PM
1st Gear Member

alright finally got around to photographing my bike in dirt trim for its craigslist ad

2009 Kawasaki KLX 351 S

Old 10-29-2014, 12:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Not your average Craigslist photos...
Nice photo composition!
GLWS!

Old 10-29-2014, 06:17 AM

Quick Reply: LETS POST SOME PIC OF YOUR BAD @$$ KLXs