Good bye and thanks!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 05:00 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Good bye and thanks!

Dearest Kawasaki forum buds. I sold my KLX last night. it was hard to watch it roll away forever with the new owner but I know its going to a good home and hopefully a new riding buddy. I just wanted to say thanks for all the help along the years, this forum really is a great and cozy little corner of the internet. Its been a great 4 year adventure and i have tons of fun memories and gained so much confidence and new skills with my KLX. Please take good care of the tuning spreadsheet, be good and ride safe. Ill still poke around now and then if you'll have me and try and share my experiences with any of the new guys questions.

You pal,
Illking.

Last photo of me with my former KLX351

Old 11-13-2014, 05:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Keep Ill'in Illking. did you just switch bikes, or are you done riding for a while?
Always enjoy your movies and pics. You've got a talent.
Dan

Old 11-13-2014, 06:10 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Keep Ill'in Illking. did you just switch bikes, or are you done riding for a while?
Always enjoy your movies and pics. You've got a talent.
Dan
Thanks Dan. I put a deposit on a KTM 350 exc-f. Ill be sure to share a vid or too now and then on the new bike.

Old 11-13-2014, 08:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Please do share the KTM 350 EXC experience - I've been eyeing one at a my local dealership..

Old 11-13-2014, 09:24 PM
1st Gear Member

Somebody is going to enjoy their new 351. Sorry to see you go, but I like the direction you're going!

Old 11-15-2014, 05:59 PM
1st Gear Member

i know how you feel.

the excf is an awsome bike... but a lot of maintenance and not reliable engine...

try the crf450x, needs only oil change, oil filter and air filter. Valves do not need adjustment even after 3 years and you can keep the piston for up to 5 years even with race use.

Old 11-15-2014, 11:31 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Ooooh....350EXC...nice. Everything I read about that bike on ADV by many, many owners is just about 100% satisfaction. It's one of the bikes on my lust list for sure. Check back in occasionally and let us know how the EXC experience is going. That guy got a nice bike.

Old 11-16-2014, 02:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Bye my friend!!! We probably will be seeing you again soon...after all when the ktm has you waist deep in repair expenses you'll be screamin at the top of your lungs "my klx! Nooooooo!"

Old 11-16-2014, 03:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Illking
Thanks Dan. I put a deposit on a KTM 350 exc-f. Ill be sure to share a vid or too now and then on the new bike.
Yeah man, that bike seems like it would make a perfect ride for me too. Just need the $$
I know two guys that have them and I have not heard any complaints from them.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Have fun on that thing!
Thanks for the tuning spreadsheet, it's been most useful.
As an Orange owner, I can't bring myself to use the KTM pay forum and not a big fan of thumpertalk, what I'm trying to say is I haven't found a drama free site, like this one for my KTM needs. YMMV

Quick Reply: Good bye and thanks!