Finally back!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 02:58 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Finally back!!

I'm finally back from my lack of riding!! Only did about 4 miles today as it was dark once I got home from work and got the bike started, and I noticed a problem.

If you don't remember, the last time I rode I ran into a bad situation and went down on the left side. After having some noob difficulties with replacing the shift star, I was able to get the bike running and back through the gears safely. However, the master clip wouldn't go back on securely, so I had ordered another one and waited. Once it came in, I was hesitant to take it apart and replace it since it seemed I had ruined the one that came on the chain when I got the bike. Well I finally manned up (no offense ladies) and got replaced it with no problem. Went to go ride and had trouble starting it. Not a big deal, dealt with it before.

Finally getting it started today by bump starting it, I decided to run it around and burn up some of the older gas in it, and top it off with fresh gas. Problem was, my left turn signals don't work now. Right side works fine, front and back, but neither of my left signals illuminate while the turn indicator on the gauge panel blinks very rapidly. Since I didn't check the signals after I got the shift star replaced, I'm thinking this could have happened when I crashed, although the bike sits outside in a semi-enclosed environment.

From what I've been reading I'll need to take the switch assembly apart and check on things there, but any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I will be moving this weekend to Stillwater, Oklahoma for work. Anybody out there in that area that I could potentially ride with?

Old 02-16-2016, 03:21 AM
1st Gear Member

You might have just busted the bulbs.
Swap one of the rights over to see if the left still works before you mess with the switch.

Old 02-16-2016, 05:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Agreed. Check the bulbs. Especially with the blinker light going fast. Mine does that when I remove one of the turn signals.

Old 02-16-2016, 06:48 AM
1st Gear Member

That's what one of my local friends said. It's on the To-Do list for tomorrow afternoon. I've got some aftermarket blinkers I'm going to be putting on it soon, but I just want to make sure that I get any issues fixed before I swap them out. Less trouble shooting. However if it is just the bulbs, then I might go ahead and put the new ones on and call it a day since I'll already be messing with all that.

Old 02-16-2016, 03:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Glad its running again. Sounded like you had a bit of a marathon repair going on. If it ever happens again you will be prepared to fix her!

I am ITCHING to get my bike back out. It's supposed to be 50+ this weekend. My bike isn't even ready to drive yet. Need to get the wheels back on, need to get decide what I am doing for an exhaust since I got my jet kit.

Old 02-16-2016, 10:04 PM
1st Gear Member

The hardest part was convincing myself that I could take apart the new master link without breaking it. It was a little hard getting the cover back on after I replaced the shift star, but wasn't too bad.

It's been 50+ here lately throughout most of the day, but this week we're supposed to be in the high 60's, and Thursday it's supposed to be around 84. Definitely riding.