exhaus uggetsions to increase low end torque

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 11:30 PM
Default exhaus uggetsions to increase low end torque

hi, new guy here.

I'm looking to increase torque on my 08 klx250. what exhaust would accomplish this? slip on? klx300 header and muffler, full after market exhaust?

I don't what to get a system that increases hp but only at 8000 rpm. I mostly just scoot around but like bikes with torque. there is all kinds of talk about uncorking this little bike, I just don't want to wastemy time and $ chasing performance gains that are not really achievable with my current carb and piston setup.

if I can get some torque gains with less $ spent that would be my preference.

I'd prefer it to be quite but its not a deal killer.

I already have the dynojet stage 1&2 kit. I have a klx300 snorkel on my bike and its rejetted.

thanks in advance

Old 11-19-2014, 01:18 AM
1st Gear Member

TRQ is easy. Do the MCM. (Marcelino Cam Mod) found in our stickies. You'll get exactly what your looking for.

You may want to stop with the MCM as the next level of TRQ enhancement is a slip-on and re-jet, with your DJ kit, for stage 2 at your altitude. That means a loud bike. If you decide that louder is ok, get the DG brand slip-on - it maintains header pipe diameter up to the muffler - enhancing TRQ. DG is also cheaper than most all others.
Read MikeW's recent threads - he tested noise levels of the DG-O slip-on... Here is one of his latest posts, you can find more of his threads with a little searching..
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...install-42509/

Last edited by Klxster; 11-21-2014 at 02:00 AM.
Old 11-19-2014, 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Klxster
TRQ is easy. Do the MCM. (Marcelino Cam Mod) found in our stickies. You'll get exactly what your looking for.

You may want to stop with the MCM as the next level of TRQ enhancement is a slip-on and re-jet, with your DJ ki, for stage 2 at your altitudet. That means a loud bike. If you decide that louder is ok, get the DG brand slip-on - it maintains header pipe diameter up to the muffler - enhancing TRQ. DG is also cheaper than most all others.
Read MikeW's recent threads - he tested noise levels of the DG-O slip-on... Here is one of his latest posts, you can find more of his threads with a little searching..
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum...install-42509/
thank you. the mcm looks promising.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:37 PM
1st Gear Member

A smaller counter shaft sprocket an/or larger rear sprocket will give you more torque at the rear wheel at the expense of top speed. So it depends on the type of riding you're doing.

Ride on
Brewster

Old 11-19-2014, 11:21 PM
1st Gear Member

I putt around on mine too on the streets
but I like the high gearing so its not revving so high on the freeway the times I go on it

to me the bike seems to have plenty of torque with just the exhaust mods ive done

but I dont do wheelies so maybe my gearing makes that harder to do?
it does seem to pull very hard even in 6th gear compared to the stock exhaust and jetting

Old 11-20-2014, 09:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Big Bore will give you 30% more torque!

Old 11-20-2014, 10:16 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by doum
Big Bore will give you 30% more torque!
If I was to start over the first thing I would do is the BB 351.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:24 AM
1st Gear Member

Put a 13 CS sproket on it. It will make it go faster @ top speed too!

Old 11-21-2014, 01:30 AM
1st Gear Member

1+ on the 351BB wheelie popping power right from idle, pass about anything on the road in 6th gear with stock gearing. With the kit I would use an upgraded exhaust as the stock is a straw but correct jetting and your good to go.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:53 AM
1st Gear Member

With 351BB and rejet and exhaust, you've spent $1000.00 or more. Plus you've replaced perfectly good components - cylinder, piston assembly etc..

A jet kit, DG slip-on, MCM, and 13t primary will net a big, huge, performance boost for under $250.00 ...

Last edited by Klxster; 11-21-2014 at 01:57 AM.

Quick Reply: exhaus uggetsions to increase low end torque