Changes on 2015 efi Klx 250s....

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2015, 02:25 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Changes on 2015 efi Klx 250s....

Hi guys

Changed the standard end can for aftermarket one took snorkel off and took for a quick spin...

Went well but when dropping off the revs it pops loads....

Will this stop as the efi and ecu sort the mixture out???

How long should it take to adjust

Steve

Old 12-23-2015, 07:00 PM
1st Gear Member

should say got a 02 eliminator fitted as well and im in the UK

Old 12-23-2015, 11:12 PM
1st Gear Member

See the below mods in my signature
I get pops on decal almost every ride, this tends to stop once the bike has reached running temperature.

Old 12-24-2015, 05:50 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by zl PINHEAD lz
See the below mods in my signature
I get pops on decal almost every ride, this tends to stop once the bike has reached running temperature.

Thanks mate that's a good point I hadn't been to far so she wasn't up to full temperature

Old 12-24-2015, 09:57 AM
1st Gear Member

Popping on deceleration is not at all uncommon. You don't notice it on bikes with stock exhaust since the noise is baffled out and silenced. With performance exhausts, especially with straight thru mufflers there is nothing to take it away. The bike leans out with the throttle closed, I think it may not fire properly in the cylinder, causing the pop through the exhaust when the valve opens or it is unburned mix in the exhaust firing. But whatever, mild popping during deceleration is no issue.

On my 650 it will pop, but if I barely crack the throttle it will stop. I have stock exhaust on the 250 at the moment so I don't notice anything.

Old 12-24-2015, 12:21 PM
1st Gear Member

Your efi will not sort itself out. By removing the O2 sensor you've taken away its ability to know if it's rich or lean. Removing the airbox lid makes a carb'd bike very lean and I'd guess the same to a efi bike. I'm sure someone on forum knows what the best aftermarket tuner is (PC-V, etc). Like mentioned, a little decel pop is nothing to worry about, I'd be far more concerned my bike was lean under load. Good luck!

Old 12-24-2015, 12:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DYNOBOB
Your efi will not sort itself out. By removing the O2 sensor you've taken away its ability to know if it's rich or lean. Removing the airbox lid makes a carb'd bike very lean and I'd guess the same to a efi bike. I'm sure someone on forum knows what the best aftermarket tuner is (PC-V, etc). Like mentioned, a little decel pop is nothing to worry about, I'd be far more concerned my bike was lean under load. Good luck!

I was u Dee the impression that the 02 eliminator opened the bike up so it ran as it was intended by Kawasaki and not restricted for emissions controls ???

Best put it back on then so I don't damage it... Will put all stock items back on later, thanks for warning...

Will sell it as well as boring to ride when standard

Old 12-24-2015, 01:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Buy a programmer for it? EJK makes one.

O2 sensor helps the efi adjust itself. It's only partially for emissions in a way. I believe the elimator will "trick" it into running as rich as it can.

I would believe Kawasaki intended the o2 sensor to be there?

I haven't messed with efi very in depth other than slapping a programmer on my rancher and rzr when I added aftermarket exhausts and intakes.

Last edited by toomanytoys84; 12-24-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 12-24-2015, 02:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by toomanytoys84
Buy a programmer for it? EJK makes one.

O2 sensor helps the efi adjust itself. It's only partially for emissions in a way. I believe the elimator will "trick" it into running as rich as it can.

I would believe Kawasaki intended the o2 sensor to be there?

I haven't messed with efi very in depth other than slapping a programmer on my rancher and rzr when I added aftermarket exhausts and intakes.
Ok thanks but can't afford to spend anymore on it so will move it along standard so as not to damage anything

Old 12-24-2015, 05:23 PM
1st Gear Member

Spadey99, know that you'll get some "opinions" on here that are "less than informed".. We have members overseas that know the recipe for easily modding your engine for 25 hp - and that is a difference like "night and day" - it's almost like getting a whole new "bigger" bike.. These members know this because they've done it and they ride it.. Thier advice is "good as gold"... Your problem is that this thread may not get thier attention - Start a new thread titled like - "2015 EFI engine mod advice"... And look for the guys that are "living it" from overseas..

Last edited by Klxster; 12-24-2015 at 05:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Changes on 2015 efi Klx 250s....