The ninja guys are gonna laugh

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2007, 10:07 AM
1st Gear Member
Default The ninja guys are gonna laugh

After all this time ranting and raving about how I want a ZX6R, I just found something that I may like better. I finally decided to check out Kawasaki's other models, and low and behold, I found something that I really like for a lot less money. I love the look of the new ZZR600. I have a few questions about them that I was hoping some of you could answer. I know it's not a pure supersport bike, but how is the throttle response and midrange power? Will it power up into a wheelie or would I have to clutch it up? How good is the gas mileage? Does it have a problem with scraping foot pegs if you lean it? I like the fact that it's built for longer riding, but will it keep up with a Ninja? There's a lot of guys around here to ride with. I don't really ride fast, and I'm not a racer by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't want to be left in the back of the pack either. Any insight into these bikes would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:42 PM
Default RE: The ninja guys are gonna laugh

If you buy a ZZR while your buddies are shelling out outrageous insurance premiums every month you have the last laugh.And they pay all that extra Ninja insurance penalty for what? 2 or 3 seconds quicker off the line and a higher top end speed that nobody in their right mind would hit anyway.And the ZZR is cheaper to boot.
Just my 02 worth.[8D]

Old 10-06-2007, 03:47 PM
1st Gear Member

nice looking bike, I think I want one as well

Old 10-06-2007, 04:24 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Do it! Pop in the hotter cams, springs, head gasket, degree them for your useage, set up the suspension and still pay less in premiums! Adjust the carbs to meet the engine mods. It would be a fun ride. Not sure on the 6 pot calipers, never played with them.

Old 10-06-2007, 10:18 PM
1st Gear Member

WELL ROCKET YOU'RE A WISE WISE HUMAN BEING! YES ZZRs AREN'T THE QUIKEST BIKE BUT FOR EVERYDAY STREET FIDING AND TRIPS I DON'T THINK YOU CAN BEAT IT AND YET STILL HAVE ALL THE FUN THE OTHER 600 AND 750s CAN HAVE ON THE TWISTIES. I'M GETTING AROUND 40+/- MPG AND IF YOU ARE A TRIP TAKER IT WILL DO BETTER. I'VE TAKEN MINE ON ABOUT 10 TRIPS THAT HAVE BEEN OVER 200 THIS SUMMER. AND AS FOR IT NOT BEING A "SUPERSPORT" THIS MAY BE TRUE BUT IF YOU LOOK BACK AT THE 98-02 ZX=6R YOU WILL FIND THAT IT DOESN'T ONLY LOOK LIKE THE ZZRs BUT THE NEW ZZRs ARE THAT EXACT BIKE REBADGED. SO IF THIS IS YOUR FIRST STREET BIKE AND YOU'RE FAMILIAR W/ MOTORCYCLING, ON OR OFF ROAD, I'D SAY POUND OF POUND ($/HP) THIS IS THE BEST BIKE OUT THERE. OH YEAH I ALMOST FORGOT YES ROLLON WHEELIES ARE NO PROBLEM AND I CAN'T SAY I'VE BEEN BRAVE ENOUGH TO GET AFTER A CLUTCH UP. AND BY THE WAY IF YOU COULDN'T TELL I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE ZZR600s. GOOD LIKE AND YOU'LL HAVE TO LET US KNOW WHAT YOU COME UP WITH.

Old 10-06-2007, 11:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Rock, I agree with almost everything said here, and if you want a ninja, just take off the zzr stickers. It is the same bike from 1999-2001. Mine will power into a wheelie with little effort, but that is only after some mods. The thing you really have to be aware of is that so many of the things you get in a new model, you are going to have to pay extra for on the zzr likeno hugger, no steering damper, no slipper clutch, etc. The good news is that there are soooo many mods available because of it's previous years in production. Mine will hang with my brothers new gsxr's, which are not stock either. And don't worry, FN's not gonna laugh at you.

Old 10-07-2007, 12:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey rocket...I got a song for you...to the tune of "C-130"...I know you know it....

Z-Z-R rolling down the strip....
Rocket-Rotary is gonna tale a little trip....
Mission top-secret so the wife won't know...
Rockets needs a bike just as soon as he's home....
K-A-W-A-S-A-K-I
Kawi...
All the way....
everyday....

Old 10-07-2007, 05:59 AM
1st Gear Member

You are a sick man!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:15 PM
1st Gear Member

You love it dont you

Old 10-08-2007, 03:30 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Take one for a test ride. If you like it and it's cheaper, no other opinion matters. My bike isn't exactly the newest and fastest out there, either, but I love it. I could care less what others think.

Quick Reply: The ninja guys are gonna laugh