Another new guy....

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 05:36 AM
Default Another new guy....

Just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone. I am new to the forum and to owning a zzr600. I just picked mine up today. So far I must say that I am pretty impressed with it. This is my first sport bike though. Before buying this one I have only owned cruisers, my last one was a Yamaha Road Star Warrior 1700. This is a whole new world to me.

Here are a few pictures of mine so far. Hate to post stock pictures but I'm hoping these will turn into "before" pictures.

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 9
Size:  110.6 KB
Name:  004.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  120.3 KB
Name:  003.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  97.3 KB

Anyway, so far the only thing I have ordered for it is a set of flush led turn signals for the front. I am hoping to order a fender eliminator kit tomorrow and an led taillight with the turn signals built into it. I think that will be a pretty good start.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:05 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Another new guy....

welcome and nice bike. ive got the 02 6r which is the same as yours. im getting those clear led taillights w/ signals built in too. should look pretty dam good.

Old 05-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the site. Hey what's the green sticker on the front of the bike?

Old 05-08-2007, 06:07 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome.

The green sticker is the state inspection sticker.

Old 05-09-2007, 05:06 AM

hey i just picked up my bike on tuesday...break in isnt going as planned....ive been a bad boy...its going to bite me in the *** in the end i know...but its hard.....anyway congrats on the bike

Old 05-09-2007, 05:47 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: O7ZZR600

hey i just picked up my bike on tuesday...break in isnt going as planned....ive been a bad boy...its going to bite me in the *** in the end i know...but its hard.....anyway congrats on the bike
Don't worry about the break in, its over rated anyway, just ride it and enjoy, and welcome.[8D]

Old 05-09-2007, 03:17 PM

I have the same bike, had it since about November. You made a good choice. Be sure to keep in touch with all of us and the 00-02 6R guys, we will try to let you know where to find some good stuff for her. Until then enjoy it. I know I love the bike. Very nice and welcome.

Old 05-09-2007, 09:11 PM

Thanks everyone!

I am trying to decide on a new exhaust for it. From what I can tell my options are two brothers racing, jardine,yoshimura, and viper. Can anyone give me some opinions / reviews on these? Going by looks I really like the Two Brothers carbon canister.

Oh, I got the underfender kit ordered so that should look pretty sweet as well.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:01 PM

I put the Yosh RS-3 Carbon Bolt-On on mine and love it. The sound is exactly what i wanted, not too loud but really nice through all ranges. It also looks really good against the black in my opinion. I will post some pics so you can see here shortly.

Old 05-10-2007, 01:28 PM

Thanks, I look forward to seeing it. Did you notice much of a difference in performance?

Quick Reply: Another new guy....