Sponsor Group And Special Buys Official Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!! Check it out.

Galfer brake lines / pads combo GROUP BUY

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 07:01 AM
1st Gear Member
Default Galfer brake lines / pads combo GROUP BUY

Hey everyone,

After several of you talked abou getting brake lines in a group buy I called up Galfer. They have no quantity discount on brake lines alone but they were willing to do a deal with me so I can offer
these prices with a group buy of 5 or more.

Any color brake lines (2-line front brake line kit) PLUS Black pads for $110 SHIPPED
Any color brake lines (2-line front brake line kit) PLUS HH pads for $120 SHIPPED

Now the bad news...all the popular Kawi bikes around here take more expensive pads.

SO!

For 636 / ZX6RR / ZX10 / ZX12 riders and also Gixxer 1000 riders... The prices are:

Any color brake lines (2-line front brake line kit) PLUS Black pads for $120 SHIPPED
Any color brake lines (2-line front brake line kit) PLUS HH pads for $130 SHIPPED

You can add a rear line to your kit for $42.

ADD a rear line AND rear pads to your bike for $58!

Let me know if there is any interest in this group buy and if so I'll set up the items in my store so you can just click and buy them at this price.

I have to place my order with Galfer within 2 weeks. Then the prices are no good anymore.

Thanks!
J.T.
Chromewhore.com

Old 03-29-2006, 07:25 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Galfer brake lines / pads combo GROUP BUY

holy crap !! i paid more for just my lines and did not get pads to go with it. this is still a killer deal.

Old 03-29-2006, 07:29 AM
1st Gear Member

are the brake lines rubber(i assume b/c of the color)or SS? whats the difference between the 2 types of pads. final question, can you get it for a 01 zx-7r??

Old 03-29-2006, 10:44 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

wal, you can kind of see it in this pic. the lines are ss but covered with some sort of plastic protective coating. thats where they get their color from. underneeth the coating they are all silver.

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/upfil...j231799298.jpg

Old 03-29-2006, 04:29 PM
1st Gear Member

Sure I can get pads for anything

The lines are braided stainless and they have a protective covering over them. Some of the coverings are solid and some are translucent which let you see the stainless braids shining through. Those are very trick looking.
I'm attaching a pic of the l ine colors.

As for the pads. The black pads are still an upgrade from your stockers. The HH "sintered" pads are very, very grabby. But they are harder on your rotors since they have some metal in them. The black pads are very rotor friendly - here is the info from the www.galferusa.com site.

Tech Data
• The new Galfer HH compounds are formulated on advanced Ceramic composites.
• This new Advanced Ceramic material can achieve friction peaks as high as 0.7u!!!, almost unheard of in our industry.
• We wanted to push the envelope with this new compound. The advanced ceramics allow the brake pads to self cool and dissipate their own heat once the rider releases the brake lever. Pads without this type of compound tend to retain heat and “fade†under hard or repeated braking.
• This new compound is also easier on the rotors than most other sintered metallic compound brake pads.

Galfer Semi-Metallic 1052/54 Carbon Compound
The Galfer 1052/54 Semi-metallic compound was originally designed for sport bike riding and touring. Although many riders over the years successfully raced the 1052/54 compound in motor cross, the compound became very popular with ATV’s and snow mobiles. Taking all of this under consideration, Galfer formulated a an extremely versatile compound to suit the customers needs.
Tech Data
• This compound is made to hold up in all sorts of weather, from wet to dry, and abrupt tempurature changes.
• The semi- metallic fibers make this a very rotor friendly compound, but yet maintain long lasting life.

[IMG]local://upfiles/787/75A779014FE6446C8E31AB4030EB80D1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-29-2006, 04:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the help there Eeeeevil!

Yeah if someone added the rear line to this deal it would only be a few bucks than the deal I gave you on all your lines alone. So yeah it's a great deal.

Even if you don't use the pads right now - you're going to need them soon enough. People go through 2 or 3 sets before having to replace the rears.

Anyway if there's interest guys let it be known so I can set this up and post the link to purchase.

Those who got in on the last group buy know I'm honest and always in contact with updates. You guys trusted me with a LOT more money than this is going to be and I came through so let's do it again.

Thanks again,
J.T.
Chromewhore.com

Old 03-29-2006, 04:55 PM
1st Gear Member

How much to add the rear pads?

Old 03-29-2006, 08:42 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey there,

You can add the rear line AND rear pads to your order for $58.

I can't do this price by themselves but if you order the whole setup I can. I'm pretty much just giving them to you at cost.

Thanks!

J.T.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:28 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

since i allready got the lines, how much would the pads for the front and rear cost me. i want the rotor friendly ones. its cheaper to replace the pads then the rotors.

Old 03-29-2006, 09:46 PM
1st Gear Member

For you man....very cheap If I get an order together I'll throw in your pads with it and make you a veddy good deal. I'll send you a PM a little later today.

J.T.

Quick Reply: Galfer brake lines / pads combo GROUP BUY