2007 KLX250 Less Than 10k Miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2018, 02:57 PM
1st Gear Member
Default 2007 KLX250 Less Than 10k Miles

What is this bike worth? Less than 10k miles, all the mods done to it including chain cam tensioner, Renthal Bars off a KX 450, FX Graphics, Small Moose Bag on Back, Two Brothers Slip-on, Replaced clutch and front brake levers with trick ones from shop in WV (I can look up name of them). Has DSR Gear Shifter, rear sprocket at 47 or 48 with different chain, chain had to be replaced once, many sets of Dunlop D606s front and back (extra new back tire) Always maintained with oil changes and filters, clean Uni Air Filter, rejetted, always runs like it was stolen, has a Lithium Shorei Battery that works great. Always garage kept, and cleaned after every ride. Not a speck of dirt on it now sitting in the garage below me.

I also have (new in Kaw plastic) extra plastics for the front forks, have extra pair of Arebis Handguards, Scott Grips, an extra new Moose Bag if it need replacing. As stated above, a new Dunlop D606 rear in the wrapper. The number 7 has been rremoved, my old MC Racing Days and a new FX Graphic on rear swingarm that matches Kaw...

It was ridden 80/20 on/off road. It is a screaming eagle and I have enjoyed all almost 10k miles. I had it in Kentucky for 7 years, Florida (sucks) for 3 years and in NC/TN mountains for 1 and moving to Texas, outside of Dallas.

This 07 is all original, current tires between 70-80% new D606s. It has been on top of me a couple of times..but all is good you will not be disappointed when you see this 07.

Attached Thumbnails 2007 KLX250 Less Than 10k Miles-kawasakiklx250s-044.jpg   2007 KLX250 Less Than 10k Miles-kawasakiklx250s-043.jpg   2007 KLX250 Less Than 10k Miles-kawasakiklx250s-048.jpg   2007 KLX250 Less Than 10k Miles-kawasakiklx250s-049.jpg   2007 KLX250 Less Than 10k Miles-kawasakiklx250s-045.jpg  

2007 KLX250 Less Than 10k Miles-kawasakiklx250s-050.jpg   2007 KLX250 Less Than 10k Miles-kawasakiklx250s-047.jpg   2007 KLX250 Less Than 10k Miles-kawasakiklx250s-047-medium-.jpg   2007 KLX250 Less Than 10k Miles-kawasaki-021.jpg  

Last edited by wynn711; 05-23-2018 at 03:18 PM. Reason: update and correct
Old 05-23-2018, 03:59 PM
1st Gear Member

$500 tops. Deliver it this weekend and I'll give you five bills and a few cold ones.

Seriously, nice looking '07. If you're holding out, $3,500. Less than $3K if you want to move it and be prepared to be offered less. KBB retail price for a 2007 KLX250 in excellent condition is $2,600. Trade in $1,765. Not many buyers find value in the aftermarket stuff so it rarely brings much to the sale....except unless you're fortunate enough to have that one person looking for THAT bike with THOSE mods. Have you been watching craigs list lately in your area? How many KLX up there and at what prices? There are three up in Boise right now, including a low-mile 2013 for $2,850. What does your market look like?

Last edited by IDRIDR; 05-23-2018 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:24 PM
1st Gear Member

I have been on these forums since 07 and did not know if I was breaking the law by posting something such as this but I always read and listened to what a lot of others had to say as I am not a professional mechanic. I had all the carburetor jetting, needle, drilling and work for the dealer to do the day I bought it. They thought I was crazy, but when they finished the work they didn't think I was so crazy. It was funny me telling them all to do from this forum over 11 years ago.

Well I am not a Craigslist Fan but will take a look. I thought 3k would be a good number. Tell me, 3 in Boise been sitting there and not sold, what years are they and how many miles? Are they as clean as mine and it is just as you see and since I don't drink anymore, those five bills would not be enough. Thanks for letting me know, I have never had the valves touched on the bike and was told not to unless it was hard to start or would not run WFO.......

Thanks for the info.

Old 05-23-2018, 05:19 PM
1st Gear Member

wynn,
This forum is so devoid of over-zealous moderators! Breaking the law? hahahaha. Deej drops in once every month or two to say "sup losers?"
There's been other similar posts. No worries - no foul that I see. I'm no mechanic either, but this forum as been FANTASTIC for helping me do my own work. It's been a joyous experience.
Craigslist fan or not, you should be paying attention to it to see what your market holds. I've bought my KLX, a KDX220, and a KLR650 from Craigslist and happy with each purchase.
On the KDX, I offered much less than what I was willing to pay. About half of what he was asking. But he needed rent money and I had crisp bills. He jumped at my offer!
I do disagree on the valves, though. I think it's better to check them than to wait for symptoms. No biggie....
So...how about five bills and some pocket lint?
See this link to check the Boise market: https://boise.craigslist.org/search/...y=klx&sort=rel

Old 05-23-2018, 07:53 PM
1st Gear Member

Nice bike.
I had a nice ’85 atc250r I had aftermarket west coast +3” swingarm dual halogens lights Paul turner pipe n silencer etc etc. it made sense to get with another atc250r enthusiast and let him buy the aftermarket parts before I sold it. The parts were exchanged and I made an extra $1300. On top of the selling price for the 3 wheeler.
Think of the extras you’ve done and the cash you spent. It was worth it to me and my friend was pretty stoked

Old 05-24-2018, 12:37 AM
1st Gear Member

I checked Craigslist in east TN and west NC and found nothing in the Klx all Kxs for sale.

Looked in Dallas and found only one. After seeing the inventory in the NW, $3k would be my asking price.

It has Zeta clutch and brake levers and also a metal throttle tube with Utah Skid Plate I did not mention.

Last edited by wynn711; 05-24-2018 at 12:40 AM. Reason: Fix errors
Old 05-24-2018, 02:01 AM
1st Gear Member

I was browsing craigslist in my area...
1200 miles only $2800!

Old 05-24-2018, 08:36 AM
1st Gear Member

I might as well just give it away.....I would like to see what a new one sells for now. I think I gave $4,300 for mine.

Old 05-24-2018, 12:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Remember, it matters where you are located as to sales price. That one is in San Diego, urban. You appear to be in an area where the bike will have more value based on the area - aka a lot more back road/trail/etc around Boone, NC than San Diego CA. Hard to sell snowmobiles in Texas, but not so hard in Michigan.

Condition also plays in the mix too. The earlier model, while not as stylish to some - myself not included - has more suspension travel and is considered just a shade better than the 09 and up. One key thing in selling - play up the condition if it is as good as it looks. Plus if anything comes up about resale ask if they're buying to resell or ride. I don't, I buy to ride until resale doesn't mean anything.

If you want to maximize your income you strip off and sell off any accessories possible. Speaking from about 22 years sales experience, the customer looks past the accessories, whether they want them or not. They figure to ignore the added value as much as possible. So take them off and sell them off. I'd put all that extra stuff on ebay - including the levers if you still have the OEM - and sell the bike as close to stock as possible. You may do very well that way. Someone is always looking for plastics, I think they also fit the KLX300, and those levers probably fit every KLX250 ever made so someone will want them.

Old 05-24-2018, 04:46 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx678
Remember, it matters where you are located as to sales price. That one is in San Diego, urban. You appear to be in an area where the bike will have more value based on the area - aka a lot more back road/trail/etc around Boone, NC than San Diego CA. Hard to sell snowmobiles in Texas, but not so hard in Michigan.

Condition also plays in the mix too. The earlier model, while not as stylish to some - myself not included - has more suspension travel and is considered just a shade better than the 09 and up. One key thing in selling - play up the condition if it is as good as it looks. Plus if anything comes up about resale ask if they're buying to resell or ride. I don't, I buy to ride until resale doesn't mean anything.

If you want to maximize your income you strip off and sell off any accessories possible. Speaking from about 22 years sales experience, the customer looks past the accessories, whether they want them or not. They figure to ignore the added value as much as possible. So take them off and sell them off. I'd put all that extra stuff on ebay - including the levers if you still have the OEM - and sell the bike as close to stock as possible. You may do very well that way. Someone is always looking for plastics, I think they also fit the KLX300, and those levers probably fit every KLX250 ever made so someone will want them.
Oooooh!...I would disagree with your San Diego comment. A short drive up into the mountains around Julian gives you forest riding, and then a short drive down the hill into Anza-Borrego gives you great desert riding. Next to southern Utah riding, those areas are some of the most fun and diverse areas I've ever ridden. You could even ride the bike to those areas, avoiding I-8 of course, but I'd throw it in the back of a pickup or on a small trailer and camp the whole weekend out there just a short drive from SD.

That said, I'd value the bike at about $2500. It's still a 10+ year old bike. You'd have to find the exact buyer who knows the '06/'07 models have the best suspension to work with for modification and better off road performance.

Quick Reply: 2007 KLX250 Less Than 10k Miles