B&B off road frame protectors have arrived! Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2017, 12:10 PM
1st Gear Member
Default B&B off road frame protectors have arrived! Wow!

Just a Fyi if anyone is looking for some well built frame guards. I wanted ones that would provide protection from my entire boot and prevent boot hang ups. B&B Off road was the answer. Very nice aluminum with padding on rear and only about 2 weeks shipping time. I will add a pic when I get them installed.
Thanks B&B!

Last edited by s10gto; 12-28-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Needed a little trim for the right side pass peg ,but overall very pleased with them.

Old 12-29-2017, 08:58 AM
1st Gear Member

Mine are holding up great more than 12 months on.
I have contacted them before about engine case guards but no luck. They told me that there would not be a big enough market for them to make them.
I'd like to band together and inundate them with emails. Might work.
Why doesn't anyone make case guards for these little bad boys?

Old 12-29-2017, 10:40 AM
1st Gear Member

When you say case guards, are you talking about something that substitutes for the bash plates?

Something ear like?

small loops? If so you may be able to make them from some bent steel tubing (like a pair of steel handlebars) since it looks like this for the 650, a set of half loops

There are more elaborate ones made for the 650, didn't find any for the 300, but if you have a buddy who can weld or can at least tack weld you could fabricate a set and have a shop do a pro job of welding. One possibility to do fabrication if you have some creative skills - use some PVC water pipe and heat to bend the general shape, then have tubing bent up to match. My brother did that when he was making a hard tail for a street tracker, building with plastic before having done in metal.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:55 AM
1st Gear Member

No, more like these bad boys.

https://bboffroad.com.au/case-guard-suzuki-drz400-pair.html

Old 12-30-2017, 01:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ozklx351
No, more like these bad boys.

https://bboffroad.com.au/case-guard-suzuki-drz400-pair.html
Case guards would be sweet. I'd buy them!

Old 12-30-2017, 05:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Without a doubt, I would buy case guards. Every time I go down on the left side, I worry my (longer) shift lever will crack the case.

Last edited by outrecording; 12-31-2017 at 05:41 AM.
Old 12-30-2017, 05:53 AM
1st Gear Member

It is something I would greatly like to have. We need to get as many people on board and send b&b a crap load of requests in a short period of time. If they can see it is financially viable to produce I'm sure they would.
Other than desperately needing to fix my suspension, this is one of the few mods I have left that I really want.

Old 12-30-2017, 11:58 AM
1st Gear Member

You can weld a small plate on the back side of the brake lever (right hand shift) to make a pad that will spread the load over a wider area. Riders used to do that on the old big Brit twins and singles and some Euro bikes in the 60s-70s. That will stop from punching a hole in the ignition case. Works until someone makes those kinds of covers.

Old 12-30-2017, 12:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ozklx351
It is something I would greatly like to have. We need to get as many people on board and send b&b a crap load of requests in a short period of time. If they can see it is financially viable to produce I'm sure they would.
Other than desperately needing to fix my suspension, this is one of the few mods I have left that I really want.
Hey Oz assuming your in Australia maybe you could give them a call and ask how many orders would it take? Looks like we got three so far.

Come on fellow Klxer' s lets get a group interest going.

Just a thought but worth a try.

Quick Reply: B&B off road frame protectors have arrived! Wow!