Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Worloks Whore Cave!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 12:07 PM
1st Gear Member
Default Worloks ***** Cave!

Well I have been working on my pole barn for the last three months, and it's finally shaping up. Bear in mind that this pole barn was a mouse infested, leaky roofed, filthy assed place before I started. It was good to keep lawn mowers in but that was about it. The wind would whistle through it like a spaghetti seive, it had no heat, and was a miserable place no matter what time of year it was.
Now it is well insulated, and heated, with a new pool table. By next week it will have an LCD TV, Bose Stereo system, sofa and coffee table.
The only thing I have to do now is finish installing the new work bench, peg board, and organizing my mechanic/bike maintenance area.
Sometimes I just stand there and look at it because it is so different than it use to be.
I actually enjoy being in my pole barn now!

And this is a picture of my best friend and I when we were around 25 years old. We were some wild Mo Fo's and this is how we looked every day! Jim has passed on now, and this picture reminds me that I would probably not be here if I hadn't of settled down and got away from the outlaw life style! We were so mean that the Cops were afraid of us! The one on the right is me!

Old 12-20-2010, 02:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh and another thing, I'm puttin in a stripper pole as soon as I can find one! I told the girls that if they were going to hang out in the ***** cave, they would have to work for it!

Old 12-20-2010, 02:59 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

no sheet rock back then and no sheet rock now...lol

Old 12-20-2010, 03:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Bullet holes do not show up as well when you use OSB on the walls!

Old 12-21-2010, 01:50 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Nice! Now just need a big screen TV for MotoGP, SX, MX, GNCC, and Endurocross. The ultimate hide-out.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
Nice! Now just need a big screen TV for MotoGP, SX, MX, GNCC, and Endurocross. The ultimate hide-out.
It just so happens that I have a 42 inch LCD TV and a Bose stereo system that will go in this weekend!

Old 12-21-2010, 02:34 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hmmmmmmm looks promising, but I have a friend that builds pole buildings, what kind of framing did you use? That looks ....well not right. And the roof, it looks like the metal is on the wrong side. "Talk to me Goose" LOL

Hey on the picture on the wall, when I first saw it not close up I thought that the guy on the right was Toby Keith, and I was going to have to disown you, he's a D-Bag. Anyway which one is you?

Old 12-21-2010, 02:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh you are the one that looks like Toby Keith LOL

Old 12-21-2010, 02:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Good times.....and sorry about your friend...that sucks. Hang onto that picture forever!

Old 12-21-2010, 05:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Hmmmmmmm looks promising, but I have a friend that builds pole buildings, what kind of framing did you use? That looks ....well not right. And the roof, it looks like the metal is on the wrong side. "Talk to me Goose" LOL

Hey on the picture on the wall, when I first saw it not close up I thought that the guy on the right was Toby Keith, and I was going to have to disown you, he's a D-Bag. Anyway which one is you?
Well Deej the pole barn is well constructed using 8" x 8" verticle support timbers, and standard trusses. I chose to put corrugated sheet metal on the ceiling because it is just a better material for the application. since the trusses are 4 foot apart, sheet rock would sag. Plus when I am not running the heat, sheet rock absorbs moisture and quick expansion is not good for sheet rock either. So the sheet metal makes a perfect ceiling for a pole barn. I insulated the walls with 2 1/2 inches of polystsyrene extruded foam which is impervious to moisture, and will never mold. I covered the walls with OSB so I can hang anything anywhere and it wont bust out like sheet rock. I installed a header and vertical support in that end to support the storage area above the ceiling. So dont worry Deejer, everything is done right, but yeah, it does not look like the average pole barn.
And yeah everbody tells me that I look like Toby in that picture but only a little better looking!

Quick Reply: Worloks Whore Cave!