Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

When will this stop!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default When will this stop!!

This story happened 1 mile North of town, and is all too familiar in our small community. I have lost count of the young people and their families that have been affected by senseless tragedies like this over the years. Its just sad, sorry to bring everyone down. Autopsy reports are not back, but the rumor is that the two girls were drunk. Let me tell you all, mixing alcohol and driving is something I will not tolerate in the least. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that my brother's dad and my step dad back in the day had so many DUI's that you could wallpaper a bathroom with them, luckily nobody got killed. Although my step dad was in a car full of kids when he was 17 and they were all drinking and they wrecked and one kid died. I lost a couple of classmates from this. I thought of starting a volunteer taxi service to help people get home, but we don't have any taverns left here, just a couple of bars attached to restaurants. I know all of the parents of these girls and its going to be hard seeing them in this small town where as the cliche goes, "everybody knows your name" It just sucks.

http://www.peninsuladailynews.com/ar...NEWS/803040309

http://www.komotv.com/news/16163367.html

Old 03-05-2008, 02:30 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: When will this stop!!

thats rough - no seatbelts though...with seatbelts it would have just been a bad wreck and some tickets and fines. why don't people wear seatbelts?

Old 03-05-2008, 02:33 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

that sad man, so young.[&o]

Old 03-05-2008, 02:33 PM
1st Gear Member

fortunately a lot of bars and companies sponsor free cab rides home here. it's just the brainiacs that choose not to use them that scare me

Old 03-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

If your dumb enough to do that you get what you deserve... i cant tolerate people who drink and so stupid stuff... or alcoholics... as long as they dont hurt anyone, but no i dont think its ok they do it in the first place... my uncle actually gets a social security check for being a damn drunk.... its a "disease" .... yea right.... self inflicted disease.

Old 03-05-2008, 02:44 PM
1st Gear Member

wow ineed to apply for that check!!

jk

Old 03-05-2008, 03:54 PM
1st Gear Member

The drunk driving count continues to skyrocket - and people are more worried about motorcycles and guns.

Combined deaths from both in the entire country = less than DD deaths in any given state.

Bah.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:11 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah - the penalties for DD are not strict enough to disuade people it seems.

Old 03-05-2008, 04:53 PM
1st Gear Member

That sucks Deej, eventually I bet they will mandate that everyone will have the interlocks on their vehicles to prevent this stuff.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:20 PM
1st Gear Member

some person that is 20 somthing; 30 something to who knows how old? yup, these are experienced adults that know better- "hang'em high" "They get what they deserve" I can buy into that
but 17....... hormones raging......for me it comes down to the parents; unfortunately not all parents think this way.

teens think it will never happen to them...... or that it will not kill them. Some don't wear seatbelts so when they do get in a wreck, the bruising won't show who's driving- they all decide together not to wear them. it is really sad, small town, young kids, did they really know what they were doing? all very tough questions.

I feel the most sorry..... for the poor soul that throughno fualt of his ownran over one of the ejected.
As a parent, the feelings of loss would be overwhelming but the worst of it is yet to come.......guilt will be the hardest to get over some parents never get over the guilt.

Quick Reply: When will this stop!!