Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

whats your zombie plan

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 10:03 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: whats your zombie plan

This is getting so outta hand! Sharks won't eat zombies hoe, they don't have any taste they're dead.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:37 PM
1st Gear Member

ever seen what water does to dead flesh? yeah no water for them. watch the newest Land of the Dead, they walk the floor they can't swim.

why would you go somewhere cold? yeah zombies wouldn't come (maybe) but you couldn't ride ur bike. i'd rather be eaten

Old 02-04-2008, 10:42 PM
1st Gear Member

i still wouldnt go to alaska because if they do freeze, you have zombie snowmen in your front yard, dont think i would want to look at that everytime i wake up.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:54 PM
1st Gear Member

haha, i wouldnt try to survive period. youre pretty much fu*ked no matter what, id rather die than live the rest of my life on a boat in the middle of the ocean. i figure id go down to that can-am dealership, jack a renegade 800x, weld some sharpend rebar - a boombox and a cage (to keep them form getting on)to the frame, put a set of mattrax on to replace the tires, hop on with my 50cal and remmington12ga, hop on, blast constant metal and try to kill as many as possible. and once they got to me, id feed them my brain with a buckshot and a smile.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:08 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: aszrael1266

I still say going some place freezing cold is the best bet. Once the zombie bodies have frozen you wont have to worry about it. If its freezing year round you don't even have to worry about them thawing out.
Yeah, but with global warming, it's hard to tell how long that will last and the zombies will be in suspended animation in the cold, I don't think they will die since they are already dead. As soon as it starts to warm up, they'll all come back and I bet they'll be real hungry then.

Not knowing the precise nature of zombies, it's good to have several plans. Most of these involve holing up somewhere in a well stocked fortress where you can ration supplies and make it for months, even years. For example, the Cold War nuclear bunker for Congress in White Sulpher Springs, WV. Or a well stocked abandoned missile silo from the Cold War era. Once there, you wait it out until the Zombies starve and feast on themselves, effectively wiping themselves out.

But there are a few questions which still remain. Will zombies even starve if they don't eat? If so, all you have to do is live longer than the zombies. Once their food runs out, which is the rest of you who didn't plan ahead, they'll step up their efforts to breach your fortress. You must hold them off. If you've chosen a good place, they won't be able to penetrate. But if they do, you'll need weapons to hold them off. Shot guns seem to be the best, so get several and lots and lots of ammunition. Hopefully you won't need it, but the weapons are only needed if there is a breach in Plan A. If you are successfully, the zombies turn on themselves and consume each other until eventually there are none left.

But what if the zombies don't ever starve? What if they go dormant if they don't have food, but then wake up and start hunting if they smell you nearby?

Plan B is to hole up inside the CDC or similar biological research facility. If Plan A fails that means you must defeat them somehow. It's still imperative to hold them off because you need time find a vaccine or some other way to stop the zombie virus. I'd be focused on genetically building another virus that fights the zombie virus and then work on a mass atmospheric delivery system. If you're holed up in a well stocked facility, this should be possible, though it could take a while, especially since you'll need to teach yourself advanced human biology and genetics. There should be plenty of information to do this in a facility like the CDC. Once released, the zombie anti-virus will destroy the zombie virus and all of the zombies along with it.

Plan C is stay on the run, staying away from population centers, never staying more than one night in the same place. I'd have my dirt bike and will have adapted the engine to run on alcohol, diesel, as well as propane, so finding fuel should not be a problem once the gasoline economy infrastructure shuts down. I'd keep this up until I can locate a suitable fortress - back to Plan A, or a well stocked and defendable genetics laboratory, back to Plan B.

Anyway, that's the gist of it. Obviously it may require some creative adaptation once the ZEV (Zombie EVent) hits critical mass. The first few hours and days will be the most critical as there will be a lot of non-zombies still around fighting for the same resources.

Trust no one.

Old 02-04-2008, 11:57 PM
1st Gear Member

ROFLMAO Brian

Plan D, Grab a hottie ..... steal a nice sail boat and sail the south Pacific until No Brakes finds a cure lol

Old 02-05-2008, 12:43 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

I wonder how nerve gas would work on zombies. If it breaks down there nerves and stops them from moving then I guess as a last ditch effort you could release some VX gas to wipe out the zombies just make sure you are really far away from it or have a top notch chem suit.

Old 02-05-2008, 01:36 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I like the way you're thinking. Also, maybe some natural enemies could be brought to bear on the problem too. This is just a theory so I'll just throw this out there and see what you think. Since zombies are dead, it seems like a carrion eater like a vulture could be very effective against them. You don't see many vulture farms though. How to get enough of them to have an impact?

Old 02-05-2008, 02:50 AM
The Dude
1st Gear Member

Now here is a thought. Would what ever virus that caused the zombies be trasmited to animals? It would suck to be out side looking for shelter then have a flock of zombie birds fly down on you.

Old 02-05-2008, 03:21 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Human viruses don't usually get transmitted to animals. Sometimes the opposite happens, for example, in the case of bird flu. So many questions to be answered. I think we need to capture a zombie or two for research.

Quick Reply: whats your zombie plan