Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   For those who have had Major lag time problems on KF (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/those-who-have-had-major-lag-time-problems-kf-16342/)

markmeinteil 10-11-2007 09:01 AM

For those who have had Major lag time problems on KF

I know several of you guys/girls have had issues with this site taking forever to load. For instance, sometimes when I go to post a response to a question, it may take a minute or longer just for the message to post. Same thing when clicking on topics. You always have to wait and wait. How freakin' annoying![:@]

Well folks, I believe I have THE solution to all these lag problems!!!!:)

It's called the Google web Accelerator. It's free, and after installing it I have not had a single page lag on me yet![sm=happy046.gif] I highly recommend this to anybody who is experiencing the frustration of Kawasaki Forum lag. As a bonus, it has even helped other pages load much quicker than they did before.

rocketrotary 10-11-2007 09:06 AM

RE: For those who have had Major lag time problems on KF

Can't use it, and even if I could it wouldn't fix my problem. It can't make the beams travel from satellite to satellite any faster.

markmeinteil 10-11-2007 09:14 AM

My parents have satellite Internet because land line DSL doesn't exist yet where they live, and I do know how much it sucks![:'(] But satellite generally has only a few second latency problem at most. I know the KF lag has something to do with the ISP since my Internet at work has never been a problem. (Not the same ISP as what I have at home.) I used to wait sometimes for minutes for a page to respond. Now, it is instantaneous!

rocketrotary 10-11-2007 09:17 AM

When I'm at home, I have 8Meg DSL... It never lags at all.

markmeinteil 10-11-2007 09:26 AM

I actually use Roadrunner's 8MB service myself. It's great for just about every other web site. (And for large downloads.) It's just KF that always gets choked up while loading.

rocketrotary 10-11-2007 09:29 AM

That sucks

markmeinteil 10-11-2007 09:34 AM

There have been several discussions about this problem here before. A good portion of our members get this obnoxious lagggggggggg.......

rocketrotary 10-11-2007 09:36 AM

It's a pain when you're trying to keep up with a conversation going on in our chat room thread (aka "I feel like whoring it up") and you miss 6 posts because of lag.

markmeinteil 10-11-2007 09:40 AM

Do you regularly have to wait more than 6-10 seconds before it posts your message?

The type of lag I used to experience was so bad I could go take a crap and the message would still be loading when I got back.

firstninjabike 10-11-2007 02:18 PM

haha you said crap