Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Thanks everyone

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2005, 01:57 AM
Default Thanks everyone

Well apparently it is time to say goodbye to my Kawasaki family. With all the issues with the bike right now, and my ex being a complete jerk(refusing to tell me where my tools are so I can work on the bike since he's got dates the next five nights in a row), I'm draining all the fluids and putting the bike in storage until next year. I have no way to work on the bike by myself, and no way to get it to a mechanic. Even if I could get it rideable and get it there, I have no way back to my apt.

So, just two days after i got a Kawi "K" as part of a tattoo on my lower back, no more riding for me. I was really looking forward to putting some miles on the bike this summer. Thanks for all the info and all the great convo here. Maybe I'll catch you all in a year or two.

Old 07-07-2005, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Thanks everyone

Sorry to hear your ex is being a dick. If I lived closer I would help you. But I live in Florida so it's kind of hard to help.

Don't give up on this place. I don't post here much, but I lurk around a lot. This a cool place. Hang around. Maybe something will come up and someone can make it to your neck of the woods to help you.

Old 07-07-2005, 02:55 AM

Man, V, i hate to see ya go on the count of a jerk! There's good dudes out there, it took me a while (12 years), but I got him! Your ex is an ex for a reason, jsut remember that when he comes crawling back begging you to forgive his stupidity! Hang around the forum, don't jet on us here, we are all her for ya!

HEY, ANYONE IN NC, HELP A SISTA OUT!!

Old 07-07-2005, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

double V, I would hate to see you go. It's like a family member leaving home. It's always sad to have that happen. So girl stay in touch no matter what. And for the dick of an ex. I hope his ***** fall off and dries up in his hands. Things will getting better soon. We'll miss you here. Your Kawi Family, and MAD KAW.[sm=sigh.gif][sm=signs003.gif]

Old 07-07-2005, 06:26 AM

V_V...you just need to get away from that loser and cut all ties that you have with him!! Then get your bike fixed and hang out with other riders. Don't worry about being single, someone will come along when the time is right. forget all this nonsence about not riding for a year cause that just sux to hear. Besides, just because you might not be riding doesn't mean you can't still hang out here!!!!

Old 07-07-2005, 02:20 PM

It's not the ex that's frustrating me. I mean, he is, because he's holding my tools hostage, but it's not being able to get the bike fixed. It's hard enough to get an appointment with my mechanic. He stays so busy he only takes appointments every other month. But if I can't get the bike over there, I can't get it fixed. I'm working on it. I'm making calls today to see if I can rent a truck for a day, but then I still need someone to help me load the bike in the truck and strap it down.

I can't hold that bike up by myself while tying it down. As for the ex, LOL, the girl he's dating is revenge enough. It's a chic he works with that I invited to his $700 birthday party back at the end of April. She's not the type to settle down, and is actually only in it to cause trouble. Once she figures out that it doesn't bother me, she'll drop him like a bad habit. I don't miss him. I miss the dog. LOL, sad, but it's true. I wouldn't take him back if he proposed tomorrow with a brand new R1 as my engagement "ring". I'm not interested in putting up with his bs any longer. I did enough for him when he broke his collarbone.

I'm going to work on my car tonight because I'm pretty sure I can fix what's wrong with that one, if I can get ahold of a torque wrench. The bike, that one is beyond my skill level, and I can't get the tank off anyway.

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm at my wits end with the bike being broken. And the ex is rubbing it in by riding his POS Yamaha all the time right now! Grrr, lol.

Old 07-07-2005, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

Hey, don't take off from here just because you can't ride at the moment. That'll turn around soon enough! I'm sure you'll be able to get it fixed soon. I agree with Remo, you should try to get out of where you are - the more distance you can put between the two of you the better. Just tell him you want all of your stuff that he has asap, and then get out of there. Things will get better in time.

Anyways, take care of yourself and stick around here, we'd miss you. [sm=smiley31.gif]

Old 07-09-2005, 02:57 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

whatever you decide to V_V, good luck and we will always be here for you when you need to vent...

Old 07-09-2005, 05:07 PM

Well if he doesn't back out at the last minute, a fireman from work (I sell L.E. Equipment) is going to meet me at my apt Monday afternoon with a truck and a trailer (His stuff) and haul my bike over to the mehcanic for me. Then a co-worker will give me a ride a few days later so I can ride it home. I'm keeping my fingers crossed this whole weekend that it works out. I actually had an offer to go to MotoGP with Parts Unlimited paddock passes, but my flight back home would've been too late to take the bike to the shop. I decided I'd better stay here. (Plus the ex is out of town; gives me a chance to enjoy my own apartment for a while without him around!)

Old 07-09-2005, 05:31 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

so i dont know your situation, do you live with the ex?

Quick Reply: Thanks everyone