Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

A test for old kids!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 06:36 PM
1st Gear Member
Talking A test for old kids!

This is a test for people that grew up from the mid 60's to early 70's roughly. But thought it might be fun for some of our older members! I did not know one single answer due to my tender young age.........LOL
Have fun!

A TEST FOR OLD KIDS

01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, "Who was that masked man?" Invariably, someone would answer, "I don't know, but he left this behind." What did he leave behind?________________.

02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all watched them on The _______________ Show.

03 'Get your kicks, __________________.'

04. 'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to ___________________.'

05. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, ________________.'

06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the '_____________.'
07. Nestle's makes the very best . . . . _______________.'

08. Satchmo was America 's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _________________.

09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? _______________.

10. Red Skelton's hobo character was named _________________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and '________ ________. '

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their______________.

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? ____________ & _______________.

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to ___________________.

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called ___________________.

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was call ed the ________________.

Old 02-06-2009, 07:49 PM
1st Gear Member

01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, "Who was that masked man?" Invariably, someone would answer, "I don't know, but he left this behind." What did he leave behind?_a silver bullet.

02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all watched them on The _Ed Sullivan___ Show.

03 'Get your kicks, _On route 66______.'

04. 'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to protect the innocent."

05. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight

06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the '_Limbo_______.'

07. Nestle's makes the very best . . . . _Chocolate milk."

08. Satchmo was America 's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was _Louis Armstrong_.

09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? __Timex Watch_.

10. Red Skelton's hobo character was named _freddy the freeloader__ Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and '___God__ ____Bless.__'

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their_Draft Cards__.

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? _Beetle_____ & __Bug__________.

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to Buddy Holley, Ritchie Valens, and The Big Bopper."

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called __Sputnik__________.

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was call ed the _Hoola Hoop.

Come on... I'm not that old and I know these! And if you say one frackin' word about my age, I'll beat seven shades of snot out of you!

Old 02-06-2009, 08:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Jeez, thanks for reminding me how old I am, I got them all.

Old 02-08-2009, 07:11 PM
1st Gear Member

i got the easy ones. limbo, route 66, sputnick. nothing about the lone ranger or any of crap though

Old 02-08-2009, 10:40 PM
1st Gear Member

dude i only got like 3 of those right.. haha!

Old 02-09-2009, 10:12 AM
1st Gear Member

A TEST FOR OLD KIDS

01. After the Lone Ranger saved the day and rode off into the sunset, the grateful citizens would ask, "Who was that masked man?" Invariably, someone would answer, "I don't know, but he left this behind." What did he leave behind?___Tonto?

02. When the Beatles first came to the U.S. In early 1964, we all watched them on The ______________ Show. No idea, I'm not american

03 'Get your kicks, On route 66.' (Only know that cause I watch "Cars" the other night)

04. 'The story you are about to see is true. The names have been changed to protect the innocent?.'

05. 'In the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion sleeps tonight.'

06. After the Twist, The Mashed Potato, and the Watusi, we 'danced' under a stick that was lowered as low as we could go in a dance called the 'NFI.'

07. Nestle's makes the very best . . . . chocolate?.'

08. The Great Satchmo was America 's 'Ambassador of Goodwill.' Our parents shared this great jazz trumpet player with us. His name was Louis Armstrong.

09. What takes a licking and keeps on ticking? NFI.

10. Red Skelton's hobo character was named _____________ and Red always ended his television show by saying, 'Good Night, and '________ ________. ' Ummm who?

11. Some Americans who protested the Vietnam War did so by burning their bras.

12. The cute little car with the engine in the back and the trunk in the front was called the VW. What other names did it go by? beetle & dak dak & love bug.

13. In 1971, singer Don MacLean sang a song about, 'the day the music died.' This was a tribute to Buddy Holly, Richie Valens & ummmm someone else.

14. We can remember the first satellite placed into orbit. The Russians did it. It was called Sputnik.

15. One of the big fads of the late 50's and 60's was a large plastic ring that we twirled around our waist. It was call ed the Hula Hoop.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Yup, 3 little words "I am old" know them all

Old 02-12-2009, 01:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Knew them all except the Lone Ranger. Another depressing reminder....just bought my first pair of reading glasses. Arm just wasn't long enough anymore....