Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Sub zero car repair (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/sub-zero-car-repair-9071/)

Prom 01-12-2007 01:24 AM

Sub zero car repair

I went out to my car today and one of the screws holding up the splash gaurd under my car had fallen out and the splash gaurd was dragging on the ground. I dont have another screw and its freezing balls so i figure I'll just use a zip tie to hold it up till i can get a screw for it. It was so cold when I tried to bend the zip tie around it snapped in half.I cant wait to finish school and go back home....or anywhere else for that matter. Current temp -8 with wind chill of -32

Now someone is going to tell me about how its 70 in cali and they just went for a ride.

BigO 01-12-2007 01:29 AM

RE: Sub zero car repair

Is that all Prom. I remember walking to school over a mile with no shoes because my parents could afford them for all of us. I had to let me sisters where them and the temps where 10 below during the winter. And school was over a mile away. Did I mention it was uphill both ways. LOL :D

That sucks bro. Just remember you only have about another month or two of the cold stuff up there.

Prom 01-12-2007 01:39 AM

yeah you know its pretty bad when you would rather be in Alaska its actually warmer there. this year and last year the winters have been pretty mild, with the occasional drop below 0, my first year here tho, it stayed around -30 to -40 for about 2 weeks[&:]

BigO 01-12-2007 01:40 AM

I remeber those winters that is why I have not moved back once I got out of the Military.

markmeinteil 01-12-2007 01:58 AM

It hasn't been all that bad around here lately, although we're supposed to see some single digits real soon. I still haven't taken the batteries out of my bikes yet either.

BigO 01-12-2007 02:01 AM

Same here. I am just a few hours west of you Mark OK about 8 hours west but we are supposed to be in the teens for the highs until about monday or tuesday. When the tems do warm up a bit it will melt the rest of the snow and then I can go riding again. Whoo Hooooo.

shinobi636 01-12-2007 02:09 AM

I can't imagine being that cold... It was like 64 here yesterday, and I wanted to get back inside my mother. I have to goto my cousins wedding in Canada in April I am dreading it.

Prom 01-12-2007 02:13 AM

What part of canada? Some places are actually nice or at least habitable......But alot aren't

Update: It is now -10 with a windchill of -37 and i just got this feeling that the little woman is about to ask me to go pick something up for dinner. Not happening.

Updated Update: D*** it I was right, gotta run to the store and pick up cheese, I told her it wasn't happening, but you can imagine how that went[>:]

firstninjabike 01-12-2007 03:31 AM

haha damn prom im sorry to hear that mvoe to florida the winters are nice but the summers your balls are dripping with sweat within 5 min of being outside. we all have our pros and cons of where we live

Dragone#19 01-12-2007 07:57 AM

hahaha, zip ties never work when cold. Better off sticking a frozen stick in! Dang that is cold temps.