Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Stupid Brother has screwed the family.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:06 PM
1st Gear Member

dude. idea...

steal one of his cars, sell it and give grammy the $

really though, beat the shyt out of him.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:21 PM
1st Gear Member

How am i suposed to steal lets see, a motorless first gen DSM, a 10 sec DSM with blown tranny, or a 99 blazer with blown head gasket? LOL they arent going very far.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:09 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 06metalicZZR
Okay things are starting to get better in my life, finally got a job, now i can afford things i want, and now things turn for the ugly again. My brother has effed me over.

Well its a long story, the car i want to go get (2004 Grand Prix GTP) is at a dealership, i have no credit because ive never taken out a loan, so i would need a cosigner, my Grandma
Grow a sack and be a man.

First off it sucks your brother, screwed your Grannies credit....BUT...you are a man right? Build your own credit and step up. I never had anyone help me with credit, especially family. They owe you nuthing once you hit 18.

Go to your bank and deposit some cash into a cd..... now take a 6 month loan for close to the value of the cd and use the cd as collateral. Do this a couple times and they will be mailing you credit cards applications.....be a man and rely on no one.

Ya, I know harsh....but better to learn young......besides a car is a depreciating asset, not a wise thing to buy unless you can pay cash for it.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:22 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I was going to suggest save up and pay cash, but it looks like FM beat me to it.

Not to be an a$$, but you kind of sound like "me me me". Your Grandmother is the one that got the raw end of the stick here, not you. You are only inconvenienced because your Grandmother got a raw deal.

My advice is save your money, bide your time, pay cash for the car and be in debt to no one. If you put your money into CDs you'll find that you will save a lot more quickly because the temptation to get out early and spend it on the next great shiny thing distracting you from what you really want comes with a monetary penalty. Let them mature, keep purchasing new ones every chance you get. Before you know it, you'll either have a huge down payment or you can buy it out right.

Last edited by Nobrakes; 10-07-2008 at 02:31 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
If you put your money into CDs you'll find that you will save a lot more quickly because the temptation to get out early and spend it on the next great shiny thing distracting you from what you really want comes with a monetary penalty. Let them mature, and use one to take out a loan...a solid payment history of a secured loan will give you a credit score keep purchasing new ones. Before you know it, you'll either have a huge down payment or you can buy it out right.

Sorry NB....had to chime in on that issue.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:41 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

No prob, that's a good plan, not one that I used myself, though.

I remember when my wife and I bought our first house. Neither of us had any history of credit and we saved for over a year using CDs in order to build up enough for a good down payment. With the large down payment we didn't need anyone to cosign. At the end of the month and the bills were paid, we took whatever was left in the bank account and bought a CD. Every time, every single month. If you save, stick to the essentials and do without, you will be surprised at how much you can accumulate in a relatively short span of time.

Old 10-07-2008, 02:43 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Nobrakes
If you put your money into CDs you'll find that you will save a lot more quickly because the temptation to get out early and spend it on the next great shiny thing distracting you from what you really want comes with a monetary penalty. Let them mature, keep purchasing new ones every chance you get. Before you know it, you'll either have a huge down payment or you can buy it out right.
that is one of the single greatest pieces of advice ive ever heard.

i want a kx500. been looking for ~3years.

so far ive bought... 4dirtbikes, a sled, 2pocketrockets, a pitbike, bout 10 ps3games ($60 a pop) a digital video camera..and some other bs i cant think of right now.

im knida an impulse buyer thats gonna help me a ton in the long run

Old 10-07-2008, 03:08 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

bummer, sorry grandma on the trust issue.

Old 10-07-2008, 05:33 AM
1st Gear Member

well, theres alot of financial sage to b had her.. i have pis-poor credit due to owwing on a student loan from my EE degree. i owe like 10G's.. but i've come to find that you CANNOT CANNOT CANNOT rely on anyone, financially. most ppl don't wish to risk their credit.

i like the ***-whippin idea, but thing is.. look at it like this- youcan't really beat anyone's *** any more without some sort of legal ramifications. the days of slappin the shyt out of someone then goin and havin a drink with them afterwards are long gone. the next time you see them will be in court.

the money/credit thing.. take it from me. do NOT F your credt up being dependant on others for a jumpstart. you'll end up like me.

i like what NB, Deej, and FM said.. they speak with absolute confidence which makes me feel they've A- got an assload of experience in this, and B-have seen others go thru this.

take the sage advice.. i wish i coulda known about CD's and all that when i was your age..

Old 10-07-2008, 09:59 AM
1st Gear Member

Beat your brothers *** till he is on the verge of needing hospital care but use the toe sack method so he wont know it was you. Then buy CD's..........perfect plan! You will feel better about the whole situation and can go forward. Everytime you even think he's asking your Gramma for money or loans, beat his *** again, he will start associating being a irresponsible ******* with getting his *** beat. I call it the Worlok training program and it works.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stupid Brother has screwed the family.