Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

So some jackhole...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 07:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: So some jackhole...

Psych!

Old 04-22-2008, 09:53 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: srobak

Well... I think I *did* try to work it out peacefully once... as in - I didn't ever park my bike in his spot, or double-park my car in the same spot as him... or do anything else that demonstrated a lack of clear common sense... no? I mean - really - how much of a frac kin rocket scientist do you have to be to NOT park in a space that is otherwise occupied by a vehicle - or anything for that matter? Do you routinely look for parking spots at the grocery store that just happen to have a stray cart in them, and ignore the 15 surrounding spots that are wide open? We both know the answer to that one. Sorry - I just don't think other people's lack of braincells is my problem - nor should they be able to make it my problem. This guy has seen me double park my car with the bike for 2 years... and he has ONLY ever seen my car parked there with the bike. As far as I am concerned - I helped to educate the guy. Just as we all learn not to do things as riders the first time we frack something up (go too hot into a curve as a new rider, apply brakes when we realize, standing the bike up and end up crossing the double yellow instead of leaning harder into your turn and scrubbing off speed... or locking up the rear brake because you were depending on it too much (like back in your pedal bike days), and it starts to sidestep out on you, and you catch it JUST in time to avoid high-siding the bike, etc)... There are lessons learned every day. Friday was his day.

Think how he would have felt when he came out to work on Monday when I saw him... and instead - we were still sharing a spot... and I was doing my usual thing...

Put my helmet, gloves, backpack, glasses, and keys on the hood of his car (yes, I do this with mine, every morning) while I take the cover off the bike. Then I put the lock and cover on the hood of the car while I start it, and carry the cover over to my car and put it in the trunk. As I am walking back and start putting on my jacket - that would have been about the time he walked out... finds all this crap on the hood of his car while the bike is warming up. What do you think would have happened then? Then HE would have been legitimately pissed cause I am using his car as a dressing shelf, and he certainly would have started saying something (read: face-to-face confrontation) to which I would have responded not to double park with my bike. Undoubtedly - a shouting match would result, and later that day he would whine that I scratched his car (haven't scratched my car yet by doing this), blah blah blah... No thanks. I avoided confrontation, made my point crystal clear, educated the guy a bit, and cost him some money (part of the "education").

I dunno... I just don't like having my daily life and property compromised because other people lack common sense, and I have an extremely high expectation of other people to have said common sense. Perhaps that is a flaw for me... I dunno - but I sure hope not. If so - please stop the world - I want to get off.
Believe me, I'm on your side completely. I just went through a very similar deal but there was a boat involved. If I owned a gun, I might have used it. I feel bad to this day that I was so filled with hate for somebody. However, If I had just swallowed my pride I probably would have ended up friends with the guy. Instead this douche bag found ways to f%$k with me. He had inside contacts at school that messed with my kid. He told lies to my other neighbors and somehow turned them against me etc... All because of a stupid parking spot. He brought out a side of me that I'd prefer not to have.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:30 AM

yeah I feel you. I can't stand people like that. the other day i went to the mall with my wife the drove while i ride. well we got to the mall and she park in one spot and I took another but her parking spot could of fitted both the bike and the car. but we decide to be safe and take two. well we come back out fingaother parke next to my car so dang close that i could not walk on the driver side. luckly there was someone in theother car so i ask her to move and she gets anadditude and sayswhat about the other car. Lets said I fliped out and and if wasn't because of my wife and kids and a 30,000 dollar car I wouldhave cursed and slammed my door into her car.but I didn't but dang didshe hit a nerve.

Old 04-23-2008, 02:18 PM
1st Gear Member

Gerry - drill a hole through the hull. Problem solved. hehehe

Old 04-23-2008, 04:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Just drop a nuke and kill her ***!

Old 04-23-2008, 05:05 PM
1st Gear Member

sounds like civil suit material - but i'm no lawyer.

ORIGINAL: gerrynolan

Believe me, I'm on your side completely. I just went through a very similar deal but there was a boat involved. If I owned a gun, I might have used it. I feel bad to this day that I was so filled with hate for somebody. However, If I had just swallowed my pride I probably would have ended up friends with the guy. Instead this douche bag found ways to f%$k with me. He had inside contacts at school that messed with my kid. He told lies to my other neighbors and somehow turned them against me etc... All because of a stupid parking spot. He brought out a side of me that I'd prefer not to have.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:47 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Worlok14

Just drop a nuke and kill her ***!
Well that would remedy the lack of parking, but it would create a lack of things to park....

Old 04-23-2008, 06:29 PM
1st Gear Member

I just said that because Srob has been using that one in the greatest story ever told thread, it's his remedy for everything and I tend to agree in this case.