Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   This should hold me over until riding (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/should-hold-me-over-until-riding-20139/)

stellar_d 03-28-2008 04:27 AM

This should hold me over until riding

I just had my basement finished and its pretty much done, aside from a few touch ups here and there. Check it out:

A little air hockey and darts. Going to put my guitars and amps there too.
http://photos-e.ak.facebook.com/phot...420444_853.jpg

Some fooseball (my other passion) and a fight club dvd add I stole from futureshop when I worked there, along with the walkout to the yard for some fire pit:

http://photos-f.ak.facebook.com/phot...20445_1112.jpg

My wet bar with signed flames jersey, every home should have one of these. (The doors they sent us were the wrong color, new ones will be in next week)
http://photos-g.ak.facebook.com/phot...20446_1380.jpg

And the grand daddy. 67 inch DLP with 300 something DVD's and a barrage of video game goodness. Those cans on the top there are bubba kegs that molson put out a few years ago of a few hockey teams, team canada olympic jersey home and away, and a limited supply of Don Cherry suits. If you know who he is you'd understand. And yes, I drank all those myself (one night at a time of course).
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/phot...420443_561.jpg

Winters not so bad I guess.

deej 03-28-2008 04:35 AM

RE: This should hold me over until riding

Awesome man! Yea its gotta be rough there.:D Now tell me more about these guitars. I play the bass when I get a chance. But I did get replaced in the band with a guy that well has actual skills.:D..........:(

evil636 03-28-2008 04:37 AM

thats a nice little hut there stellar

stellar_d 03-28-2008 04:38 AM

I've got a Peavy bass guitar with a yorkton stacker amp, and a peavy electric guitar with a piece of crap amp, along with another piece of crap yamaha guitar that the amp came with :D. The peavey is decent, but I had a fender stratacaster that I loved. I sold it a while ago because I didn't play much. Brothers got a les paul custom along with a line 6 spider amp that I play when I'm over at my parents house. I'm going to convince him to let me keep it here while he's away at school :D

stellar_d 03-28-2008 04:47 AM

ORIGINAL: evil636

thats a nice little hut there stellar
Thanks bro, i'm really stoked about it. So glad its done.

Dragone#19 03-28-2008 04:52 AM

That is looking nice! Keep your music components away from the dart board! lol

Finger Mullet 03-28-2008 04:55 AM

Looks good....no wife huh ;)

PS If yes.....whats her sisters number

deej 03-28-2008 04:56 AM

Sounds cool, the guy that has the band or should I say kid is my banker, and I think he's 26 and his brother is 28, I play the Yamaha bass and a Fender amp, he has the peavey and the Fender guitar with the Marshall Stack amps set, its pretty cool, plus distortion stuff. I swear though the best stuff we ever played was stuff we just made up. He's in a real band but he lets me goof around sometimes. He's the one that got me, the wife and the kid the tickets to Collective Soul that we went to on Sunday. Man that was a good show.

stellar_d 03-28-2008 05:00 AM

bands are good times, me and my buddies had one and would play at parties and whatever else. we got older and more busy with our jobs though.

Finger my wife was the one who suggested we get this TV and air hockey table. she also got me that jersey....now if i could just convince her to let me get a street bike i'm set.

deej 03-28-2008 05:03 AM

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

bands are good times, me and my buddies had one and would play at parties and whatever else. we got older and more busy with our jobs though.

Finger my wife was the one who suggested we get this TV and air hockey table. she also got me that jersey....now if i could just convince her to let me get a street bike i'm set.
No no no, you need to convince her to get a KLX or the TW 200.;)

stellar_d 03-28-2008 05:05 AM

ah i've tried and tried and tried. the best i can do is get her on a quad...but she wont even do that. I have a better chance of getting a street bike....or winning the lotto

deej 03-28-2008 05:12 AM

ah i've tried and tried and tried. the best i can do is get her on a quad...but she wont even do that. I have a better chance of getting a street bike....or winning the lotto
:DThat reminded me of the line from Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

"We'd have more luck playing pickup sticks with our butt-cheeks than we will getting a flight out of here before daybreak."

[8D] Well I'm out for the night, the wife is giving me that look.....and that's not a bad thing.;)

Talca 03-28-2008 12:47 PM

Nice pad St_d turned out really nice. and yeah i would not mind spending some time there in the winter.

Deej, you are an animal Grrrrr!!!

OMalley912 03-28-2008 03:27 PM

Nice pad st_d you did a fine job. Looks sweet. I have a Pittsburgh Penguin jersey I'll sent up for ya to replace the one over your bar. :D

stellar_d 03-28-2008 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: OMalley912

Nice pad st_d you did a fine job. Looks sweet. I have a Pittsburgh Penguin jersey I'll sent up for ya to replace the one over your bar. :D
lol thats ok, it wouldnt fit in with the "awesome" theme I got going :D

Prom 03-28-2008 05:15 PM

what is it with canadians and badass basements?the last canadian basement I was in had a 60 inch next to a hot tub, no wet bar or rock band tho, so you might have him beat.

stellar_d 03-28-2008 05:27 PM

lol a tub next to a tv....thats new to me....wouldnt a hot tub indoors cause a bit of a moisture problem though?

wet bar, or any kind of bar is mandatory, so is rockband.

OMalley912 03-28-2008 07:16 PM

Nicely played my friend...well done. haahah!

ORIGINAL: OMalley912

lol thats ok, it wouldnt fit in with the "awesome" theme I got going :D

kx slaughter king 03-28-2008 08:24 PM

lol a tub next to a tv....thats new to me....wouldnt a hot tub indoors cause a bit of a moisture problem though?

prob had a vent somewhere down there, or kept it at a temp that didnt cause loads of steam

stellar_d 03-28-2008 09:03 PM

still would be quite a bit...even if you shower with the fan on for a while it steams up. Either way I'm not knocking it, sounds pretty cool to me.

srobak 03-28-2008 11:58 PM

Entertainment center by IKEA... nice :)

Merdox 03-28-2008 11:59 PM

Looks like a nice man den, hope to have one of those in my next house:D

kx slaughter king 03-29-2008 05:24 AM

i love my basement, and yours still makes me jealous[8D] mainly that i have lots of nice eletronics and chairs, but no stands, or orgisation at all[8D]:D and mostly wobbly furniture. if you hit my desk it shakes about 6inches in each direction with a ~$3000 computer on it[8D] and we have wobbly folding tables next to leather la-z-boy's:D:D

stellar_d 03-29-2008 10:26 AM

ORIGINAL: srobak

Entertainment center by IKEA... nice :)
NO....thats the brick!