Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

road rage + bike = no good

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 05:05 PM
1st Gear Member
Default road rage + bike = no good

damit! i have a bad temper at times, most of the time i'm pretty calm but somethings just set me off and there is no in between for me. probably PTSD which i thought was a bunch of crap till it started happening to me.

any way
riding the klx250 home for lunch to let the dog out. come up on some construction and figure might as well take some back roads. get in the right turn lane pass up all the suckers waiting to go straight and feelin good. see a car tryin to come out of a parking lot. notice traffic is at a stop and he wont be able to get out. i proceed with caution slowing down a bit. jerk looks at me lunges forward to cut off my path even though he cant get into traffic. think fine what a jerk slow down a bit more and go around him. when i do that he lunges forward at me again. i'm thinking screw you im outta here. then it happened he leaned on his horn. it set me off.

in my mind i was gonna lock up the rear swing it 180 drive back to him and let him have it. but because it pissed me off so much i locked up front and rear went down hard on my left side. bike was still running and i just got up left the bike where it was and walked back to him. he was scared to roll down his window till i acted like i was calling 911. then i just stood there and said "really ****, youre gonna cut me off and have the nerve to honk at me!" a heated conversation went on for a few minutes. till i went back and took a pic of his plate. he got scared and said cant we talk about it. i told him get in his car and if he ever sees me on the road again to get the hell out of my way.

by now i had a good size puddle of gas and remembered i was already running on reserve. i got on the side roads and ducked in the first gas station i saw. looked the bike over no damage just slightly bent bars. felt pain on my left fore arm and noticed tears in pants. got home did a better eval bike is still fine. pants trashed, jersey i was wearing tore to hell on left shoulder no scrape marks on skin. left fore arm small scratch on skin no tear in jersey. helmet took a hard enough hit to pop all the snaps on the padding off. eyelet from left boot tore off. upper back hurts life a son of a gun right now. might go in for a x ray.

why ohh why couldnt i just let it go? ohh well bike is fine skin heals people in traffic got a bit of a show. bet this guy will always look out for bikes now so maybe in some twisted way i helped some one else out.

p.s. damn i love my klx250s what other bike could go down like that and ride off like nothing.

flame away!

Old 07-21-2010, 05:33 PM
1st Gear Member

You couldn't let it go because that's how people like him continue to think that they can get away with being an ******* in traffic....because nobody ever says or does anything about it. I'm sorry you laid your bike down, but I'm even more sorry you didn't get the cops involved and give a statement about his actions. He might've been cited for agressive driving, and his insurance company wouldn't be impressed.

Old 07-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

No he won't look out. Once a jerk always a jerk. He probably went home and told a different story to his buddies. Let me know if you want to know where the D-Bag lives. Sorry for the experience, I'm sure I'm headed toward the same thing soon. Our small town of 3300 has exploded with all this Twilight crap! Seriously there are like 2000 people coming to town every weekend. All 5 motels have the Full signs out nearly every night. I know its good for business, but for the love of all that is good and holy.... MAKE IT STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!!!!!!!

Old 07-21-2010, 06:30 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Our small town of 3300 has exploded with all this Twilight crap!
My thoughts to you brother. Nothing like dimwitted tween's getting all crazy for a movie based on feminine vampires that sparkle in the sunshine instead of bursting into flames. Yes, I saw the first one with my wife. No, I will not see another one, not for all the lovin in the world!

Anyway road rage gets the better of me too sometimes. If something like that happened to me, but because the guy/girl was on their cell phone (that drives me absolutely mental) it would be game over for all of their windows.

I think ******** only learn their lessons when they get the **** kicked out of them. I know if I was being stupid and got my *** handed to me, I'd probably stop.

Old 07-21-2010, 08:40 PM
1st Gear Member

I would have kicked his *** right there on the spot. That's the only way a guy like that will ever learn to watch out for bikes! Just my warped opinion
I have kicked several peoples asses for things like that, and yeah, I went to jail a couple of times, but when the cops learned how things really went down, they went easy on me! Cops know that bikers get the shaft from cagers 90% of the time!

Old 07-21-2010, 10:00 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks all. back is getting tight and sore went to the doc for x rays. gave me some meds told me not to drive etc etc etc... wife and kid are on vacation im gonna wait till they get home to tell them.

im glad i was on the klx had i been on my CBR would have been another story.

doubt cops would have gave a damn. not worth accident going on the bikes history for a set of $20 bars. sure would like to get a new helmet, boots, jersey and uniform out of this jerk though.

Old 07-22-2010, 07:35 AM
1st Gear Member

You dropped your bike and you took it out on someone else. Even if he was a dick the dropped bike was your fault.

Old 07-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

I have never had something like this happen, i dont know how i would react. Its a scary place out there for bikers.

I was gonna get this one....

http://www.seacoastleathers.com/category-s/45.htm

but got this one instead.

Just came in the mail this week. I know it probably wont help, but i think its funny.

Old 07-22-2010, 03:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MaverickAus
You dropped your bike and you took it out on someone else. Even if he was a dick the dropped bike was your fault.
true. i agree the dropped bike was my fault. its not like i fell on a deserted road and waited for the first car to come by and lame them though.

as far as take it out on him. no i dont think i did that either i did go back and gave him a piece of my mind for his actions that led to this but that was about it.

Old 07-23-2010, 08:28 AM
1st Gear Member

Fair enuff

Quick Reply: road rage + bike = no good