Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

Any help to a Kawi family member? (bike problems)

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 11:02 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member
Default Any help to a Kawi family member? (bike problems)

OK guys, my bike has been in and out of the shop alot, the whole motor was torn down in october '06, and it has been there a number of other times for problems.I have had the bike since april of2006, and its probably been in the shop since then for a total of 3 1/2 months.I bought a new bike so iwouldnt have problems, and thats all i am having. Its a lemon, its one thing afteranother.(there is no lemon laws for bikes in pa [:@]) As of right nowmy bike has been in the shop since the last day of april, yes.... APRIL. Now i know its just adual sport, but its my first bike, and i loveriding. I dont want this to steer me away from kawi, i love the bike but i hate the problems..... so.... Does anyone knowsomeone at kawi or a phone # i can call to talk to someone, oremail? Its not the shops fault, its been one thing after the other. Thistime at the dealer it was, the cam chain tensioner broke, then the took it all apart and found that the journal where the cams ride is being worn funny and is getting oblong which is allowing the cam to have play andbounce around, so he got a new head put it on and with all the old head parts, then found the intake valves werebent, and had to order them, and he has been waiting on parts for thevalves.... im so disgusted with it its not funny.... Soany suggestions? any help?Anycontacts? Think maybe if i talk to the right person they would give me more money towards a trade?

here is the cam chain tensioner:
Name:  tensioner001.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  64.4 KB

Name:  bikedrty002.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  144.0 KB

Old 06-09-2007, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Any help to a Kawi family member? (bike problems)

How about some shots of that cutie in the window washing your bike in a bikini That's Hot!

jk E

Hey you may want to try a new dealer, sounds like he not willing or experienced enough to do a proper inspection after finding a problem like not notice the valves hjad a problem when the changed the head.

Sounds like sloppy, lazy mechanic. Contact Kawasaki directly and pitch a bitch. All the manufactures have a department that handles complaints and they will work with you.

Good luck and sorry to here about the troubles.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Just another note about the mechanic, I would think if your tensioner broke apart inside your engine, it must have caused more damage with all those little pieces floating around inside her.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:31 PM
1st Gear Member

AH the big boobed wife. your a lucky man. EMS. LOL I suggest what NS said throw a bitch fit

Old 06-09-2007, 05:31 PM
1st Gear Member

Have all the problems been engine related? That would make me think somebody at the factory didn't check the engine properly before final assembly.

Either way, find Kawasaki's phone number, and call them directly.

Old 06-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I would think that your shop would be in contact directly with Kawasaki. They would have more pull than you in trying to find answers. Good luck

Old 06-10-2007, 02:09 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

I would think that your shop would be in contact directly with Kawasaki. They would have more pull than you in trying to find answers. Good luck
Sheet Bro! 99% of the dealers out there do not give a crap about us, and would love to keep racking up warranty work on our bikes.

Make the call yourself, if you wait for the dealer, and yours sounds like a real dandy, to do something you will be in the grave before anything in uyour favor ever happens.

Not bagging on ya Dragone and if you have been lucky enough to find a dealer that falls into that 1% you are lucky.

Good luck E.

Old 06-10-2007, 03:04 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

hahaha, quit bagging on me!

Honestly though, how many people have actually had the kawi rep fix the issue at hand?

Old 06-11-2007, 09:09 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys.

Old 06-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ditto. NS is right both about the cutie with big *****and calling kawi yourself. you gave the dealer a chance now to go up the ladder
ORIGINAL: Notstock

How about some shots of that cutie in the window washing your bike in a bikini That's Hot!

jk E

Hey you may want to try a new dealer, sounds like he not willing or experienced enough to do a proper inspection after finding a problem like not notice the valves hjad a problem when the changed the head.

Sounds like sloppy, lazy mechanic. Contact Kawasaki directly and pitch a bitch. All the manufactures have a department that handles complaints and they will work with you.

Good luck and sorry to here about the troubles.