Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

PC, or Mac

Old 05-24-2007, 03:09 PM
1st Gear Member
Default PC, or Mac

Well this is one of those "PC or Mac" threads where people can have a whinge about their PC or Mac, and discuss which they think i better, personally i am not much of a Mac guy

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse....gi?u=macs_cant

Old 05-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: PC, or Mac

I am starting to wonder why the pc has to have all the updates and software that takes up so much room on the hard drive. I love the commercials where the mac guy asks the pc guy what he's doing and he has three guys laying around and the mac guy says that's too bad. Mac boasts out of the box movie making and never getting a virus, that's starting to sound good to me.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:24 PM

despite the lack of potential viruses- Mac's are too different for me. They have some good programs - however they have terrible ones such as iTunes. . . I played with my sisters Mac notebook. . . and was dissapointed- I have an Hp and love it.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

i use a pc. only because that what my job supplies me

Old 05-24-2007, 05:56 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

im thinking of getting a mac in the future, getting tired of the pc crap allways getting stuck on slow mode.

but then again i dont think i could run my programs on a mac. im stuck.

computers suck

Old 05-24-2007, 06:00 PM
Admin
1st Gear Member

I switched to Macs a while back. OS X is great. It's basically BSD Unix underneath with the very well designed GUI interface on top. I do most of my work on Unix to it's a natural fit for me. When I try to use Windows it's like fumbling around in the dark.

I think Mac's got a bad wrap many years ago when with the older OS's they used to use like 10 years ago. But OS X is completely different and based on server oriented Unix. Apple's done a great job with making Unix available to the masses. Most people don't even realize it's there unless you bring up a command prompt and there you have a Unix shell.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member

i can save a file and thats about it

Old 05-24-2007, 10:38 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

I am starting to wonder why the pc has to have all the updates and software that takes up so much room on the hard drive. I love the commercials where the mac guy asks the pc guy what he's doing and he has three guys laying around and the mac guy says that's too bad. Mac boasts out of the box movie making and never getting a virus, that's starting to sound good to me.
They boast it, but cant possibly come through on that, The reason they rarely get a virus is because viruses are made to hit the most common operating system, which is windows. And with windows you just have to be careful with where you go on the web and such and you will be fine, if you go to dodgy sites your gunna get spy/adware and viruses and such, but then again there isnt that many sites out there that dont have malicious codes/programs nowdays is there?

And PCs have all those bloody updates because there are always glitches being found in the operating system, and they tell microsoft aand so microsoft is obligated to do something about it, Since you are paying so much for their software. If you have a hard drive big enough you shouldnt have to be worrying about space when you download patches and such.

But it all comes down to the users needs. Mac is a more powerful system when it comes to video/sound, but Windows has been made easy to use, and because it is the majority operating system so many people have used it so much thjat they just become so used to it and have trouble switching to another that is not as user friendly.

Old 05-26-2007, 07:11 AM
1st Gear Member

Yup, Macs are really no more secure people just dont try to take out 2% of the computers, they go for 98%. I build all my computers and I have no idea how to build a mac or even where to get the OS if i did, and frankly I'm too lazy to find out, windows works fine for me, besides if a virus takes out the whole internet having a mac wouldnt help, and if a virus takes out my hard drive, there is always a newer better and shinier one thatI just didnt have a reason to buy.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Took the words right out of my mouth Prom.

Plus you just have to take some precautions and your PC can be as safe and secure if not more than a mac.

Search this Thread