Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   An old friend passed today (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/old-friend-passed-today-36930/)

Dragone#19 11-29-2011 02:29 AM

An old friend passed today

2 Attachment(s)
The family protector, lap nuisance at times but always there for the family passed today with my decision.
It is always a tough call when the decision is yours, but my girl deserved respect for her years of raising 5 foster kids and 4 of her other full time kids. The cancer took its toll in the end. She is and always will be a great family member.

Attachment 13899

Attachment 13900

jeffzx9 11-29-2011 12:49 PM

Ohhhhhh, that's a tough one; very sorry for your loss, Drag. Believe me, I KNOW how close you can get with a dog. Honestly? I think I get along better with them than with most people. They either like you or they don't; no BS, no games. I had a Great Pyr (yeah, Deej, in the pic I sent you) that was given to me by one of my long haul drivers. That dog and I were inseparable, mostly because he didn't take kindly to strangers. I would walk him twice a day rain-snow-shine, bring him to work and leave him in the Rover, (yeah; I know), and take him with me wherever I went. He was absolutely a one man dog. People knew me at drive thru's and would look and point when we drove around; his huge head sticking out the passenger window. Long story short, his aggression got him into trouble and I decided to have him put down. (STILL chokes me up.) We had VERY similar personalities and I loved that dog. Trust me, he could put the fear of (insert omnipotent icon here) into you. It came down to making the right choice for my family, which I should've made much sooner. We still have the Border Collie and the Lab. Right or wrong, I still miss him, though.
Drag, it's tough. Dogs can fill a unique void with their unconditional affection. I know what you're going through. It's deep. Hang in there.

hoedogg 11-29-2011 01:29 PM

I am deeply sorry for loss bro. Our dog is another member of th family, i hate too even think about her not being around. :(

BleednGreen68 11-29-2011 11:50 PM

Sorry to hear about your loss. Always tough when you got to make the call. Animals are a huge part of my life. I see them everyday when I wake up and come home. Always right there waiting for you. Hang in there, shes still watchin over you and the fam.

deej 11-30-2011 03:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Drag, I am really sorry to read this. I grew up a cat person, and I still get all silly when I get around them. When my wife and I got married 18 years ago, I had an awesome cat, and while the wife was allergic to cats, she never even dreamed of making me get rid of him. A couple of years went by and leukemia got him. I had to get a friend to take him out and do the deed. I balled my eyes out, and I'm not afraid to admit it. About 8 years ago a friend of mine's wife brought over a dog to see if we wanted her. She was a rescue dog, and we all fell in love with her. Then 4 years ago my wife's dad came up from Houston with a dog for us as a companion for the other dog. I swear they are not related, but it sure looks like it. I can't imagine a day when something happens to either one of them. The wife and I have sworn that we don't want any more animals after this. While we love them to death, it's really going to be brutal eventually. :(

Here are a couple of pictures.

The big one is half Beagle and half Chiwawa

The smaller one is full Deer Chiwawa
Attachment 13896

Here is a picture of me at my Aunts place a couple of weeks ago. This cat was soooo cool. I wanted to take him home...

Attachment 13897

Sorry didn't mean to thread jack. I was thinking that if you saw a picture of me it would cheer you up......sounded good in my head. :rolleyes:

Worlok14 11-30-2011 04:48 PM

Sorry to hear that Drag! Are you looking for another dog?

Dragone#19 12-02-2011 04:11 AM

Thanks everyone. Yeah, as you all have mentioned,,,it will tear you up, ....Its deep, ....a tough call, and family member. I do appreciate all of your shoulders to lean on.

Originally Posted by Worlok14 (Post 459282)
Sorry to hear that Drag! Are you looking for another dog?

Not just yet. I do need to have the male staffordshire terrier (Rascal) of the household train a replacement now that Katey Girl is not here.

Worlok14 12-04-2011 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Dragone#19 (Post 459347)
Thanks everyone. Yeah, as you all have mentioned,,,it will tear you up, ....Its deep, ....a tough call, and family member. I do appreciate all of your shoulders to lean on.

Not just yet. I do need to have the male staffordshire terrier (Rascal) of the household train a replacement now that Katey Girl is not here.

We are always here for ya brother!:)