Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   new stuff to try (Money Pit) (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/new-stuff-try-money-pit-41042/)

Dragone#19 10-03-2013 03:58 AM

new stuff to try (Money Pit)

Just ordered this week.

Factory Pro stacks for the 10r
Attack Rear sets for the 6rr

The 6rr had the vortex rearsets already on it. Was not to my liking

I could always try to tune the second gen 10r to be faster. What the hell, could always use some extra to catch up with the gen 4's if that is possible.

edit: I should have posted the title as "money pits" or something similar. lol

jeffzx9 10-03-2013 12:12 PM

(I've got Harris rearsets on the 9. Love the range of adjustability. I like mine high and tight.) Those stacks should make that baby sing! Sounds like a good project, Drag. ;)

Dragone#19 10-03-2013 11:50 PM

[QUOTE](I've got Harris rearsets on the 9. Love the range of adjustability. I like mine high and tight.)/QUOTE]

I did not see those available from the companies I shopped at. I knew that the Attack rearsets on the 10r were to my liking, so I pretty much just pulled the trigger for another set. The 6RR came with the factory pro stacks when I bought it. Which was nice.

The '07 6r nissins and the '06 zx14 nissins came in last week to replace the stock tokico's on the '05 6RR. (may just re-sell the zx14 ones or put them on the shelf with the spacers needed to use them for this ride.) The cylinder base and the head gaskets are already on the shelf for placement. Either flash the stock ecu or add the dynojet stuff that is on the shelf waiting in anticipation. Hit up the dyno, slap some paint on the race fairings, the spider grips and new fluids, safety wire and she should be ready to go. But you know how it goes, there is always something that is missed until noted at the last moment. (such as some new aftermarket rims which requires some serious man to woman sales techniques)

sportriderrr 10-18-2013 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by dragone#19 (Post 501961)
edit: I should have posted the title as "money pits" or something similar. Lol

hahaha yes

sportriderrr 10-22-2013 03:48 PM

How is it coming along?

Dragone#19 02-12-2014 01:00 AM

Update:

The traxxion dynamic AKGas will be here soon. Along with the Penske 8987 for the ZX6RR. SBS pads for the '07 calipers, continue to prefit, safety wire, jumper mod, paint and tires should get me going. The engine gaskets and ignition control are still on the wall (hence the jumper mod for right now), I may have time for the engine tune after I get the suspension setup. I may be out of time to play with the engine for right now. Ya gotta love budgets and time frames. I am running on a "Lets Ride" High mentality right now as the project progress'. lol

Dragone#19 02-12-2014 01:21 AM

I wanted to try out some BT003's on this ride, so a set are ready. We will see if I can adjust to them or not. I know, they are outdated and have been replaced. The price was good and I am not out to break any land speed records at the moment. I wanted to play with the profile and see if my riding style has changed or what not. Experimentation can be dangerous, but since I ride slow, no worries. I still like my pirelli SC2 slicks on the 10r with almost the same suspension setup. What the hell. If I can enjoy the stock EX500 with bias ply sport demons on track, that was a memorable track weekend by the way. I can at least hope for another enjoyable yr. lol

Dragone#19 04-09-2014 07:32 PM

the Penske 8987 for the ZX6RR
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ps3ee19d3c.jpg

IDRIDR 04-09-2014 08:54 PM

Ahhh, that's a piece of art.

Dragone#19 04-10-2014 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by IDRIDR (Post 508993)
Ahhh, that's a piece of art.

I said the same thing when I did a show and tell to the wife. She just muttered and mentioned not for that kind of money. Sheesh LOL

I did add the AMA piston along with the spring perch which did add to the over all cost of course. The piston and it being piggy backed are the only things different than my 10r's 8987 so I wanted to try it out.

Dragone#19 04-10-2014 12:12 AM

The Factory Pro Velocity stacks for the 10r. No big surprises here.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...psf2b9a281.jpg

Dragone#19 04-10-2014 12:18 AM

I did buy a set of pirelli SC2 200/60/17 rear, 120/70/17 fronts for the 6RR as well. I may use the BT003's for wet conditions (the profile will be good), or just put them on one of my street rides.

Chris is a good gent to do business with. Was really wanting to do a 10 tire deal until I looked at my remaining funds.

Dragone#19 04-18-2014 02:04 AM

forks arrived for the 6RR

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ps489f7681.jpg

the stickers and end caps are the only really off stock look for these forks. Fresh seals, dust covers, ready to bolt up and setup.

Dragone#19 04-25-2014 02:46 AM

F me to F'ing tears......

Put the new traxxion AK-Gas on the 6RR. The top O-ring started to puke oil with the bikes static weight. F-Me to Fng tears Left a message with traxxion of course, (hopefully in a professional manner)

Got a return call this morning...."Is it that inner adjuster seeping the oil?" Hmmm, yes sir it is the exact one...."It is an easy fix, just a simple o-ring if you have the special tools." hmm, so I have spent time and $'s on a product just to find out that I need to spend more time and money in order to fix this????? Can I say Butt Hurt here???? So I rolled Little Nicky off of the lift, put Jezabel on for this weekend. Clean up, waiting on the slicks, (they have not arrived yet and may have got F'd again). I may just cancell this weekend actually. Breathe in, Breathe out

IDRIDR 04-25-2014 03:17 PM

Easy there. Don't stroke out on us.

That sucks.

Dragone#19 04-25-2014 11:19 PM

Hell with the Stroke, I was fuming.

I did cancel today unfortunately. Had the forks off of Jezabel, doing the fork oil change stuff, the tires are still not in, and the clamp broke on the vise. hmm, not my weekend, so called in.

Dragone#19 04-28-2014 12:44 AM

I did finish the 10 tire deal though. So another step closer.

I am in negotiations with traxxion on how to fix this leak dilemma.

Dragone#19 05-06-2014 04:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 9559

Dragone#19 05-06-2014 04:33 AM

It appears that the AKGas f-me's are solved. The fronts for Jezabel should be completed this week.

IDRIDR 05-06-2014 02:11 PM

That thar is a big pile of rubber. Yee haw!

Dragone#19 05-07-2014 12:28 AM

Originally Posted by IDRIDR (Post 510304)
That thar is a big pile of rubber. Yee haw!

lol, just looks big in the pic. Hopefully, since these are for my day cruisers, these may last me for the year. These tires wore well for the 10r before the supposedly new numbers. It is all a combination of factors. Match tires, track surface, temps, pressures, suspension, bike tune and rider input as we all know. But my wife looks at me and just shakes her head as she walks away saying **** like Thank God you are not a crack head.

IDRIDR 05-07-2014 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by Dragone#19 (Post 510321)
But my wife looks at me and just shakes her head as she walks away saying **** like Thank God you are not a crack head.

This is sig line material.

Dragone#19 05-07-2014 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by IDRIDR (Post 510323)
This is sig line material.

hmm, good call. Thanks

Dragone#19 05-14-2014 02:57 AM

Sum Beach, I am learning this new tire machine, and I say to self.....How did I ever live without you for so long??? Crazy No Land Speed records on the install, but wow. I set it up in the barn, will get a couple of pics of it and the surrounding mess soon. LOL

IDRIDR 05-14-2014 04:52 AM

Heh, heh. I like your new sig line!

I need to learn how to change tires. Not enough practice yet. I spend an hour on a tire my bike shop guy does with just hand tools in five minutes.

Dragone#19 05-15-2014 03:33 AM

I did get the tires mounted, still need balanced. Today was such a nice day, I did rebuild the front forks on the 10r finally, adjusted to the 110mm fluid height after popping a seal. That ol gal is prolly spitting on me for taking so long.

IDRIDR 05-15-2014 04:22 AM

She may be spitting now, but she'll give you a great big 'ol bear hug once you've mounted her and revved her up!

Dragone#19 05-16-2014 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by IDRIDR (Post 510666)
She may be spitting now, but she'll give you a great big 'ol bear hug once you've mounted her and revved her up!

No religion pun intended, but hell yeah on the big hug. gotta love those buck 40 power wheelies in 3rd. (jezabel) I still have yet to flop a leg over the 6RR
(stock CS, +2rear sprocket with the 10r)

Dragone#19 07-02-2014 01:08 AM

The kit ecu is now on the 6RR, no dyno yet. Repaired a bad fuel pump relay wire. The wire had been ripped out of the connector.

Got the Hel full front lines tonight. I am not partial to the split lines that were on it. The '07 nissins are installed with the SBS race pads. I still need to rebuild the MC with the newer/upgraded kawi components. (On the shelf)

I did bend the Vortex rearset back to straight. Was kind of surprised that it did not break. Some soft materials used for the peg stays. The Attacks are still going to replace the Vortex.

Doing the safety wiring as I go. The BT003's are in place, chain cleaned, axle clip in place. Water and amsoil coolant boost installed after flushing. The rad cap is safety drilled and wired. The oil and filter will be next.