Off Topic A place to boldly go off topic. just about anything goes.

My first love/Hobby

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 06:20 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member
Default RE: My first love/Hobby

those crazy squirrls own it

Old 02-02-2007, 06:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Looks good. I would only suggest that you upgrade the rear end. The fact won't hold up to the torque of the V8. You can get a center chunk, and axles that will work in your housing. Check out Evils co., or Randys' Ring and Pinion. I also hear that a lot of people narrow Ford Explorer (8.8) rear ends, then you get rear disk brakes too.

Old 02-02-2007, 06:50 AM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

thats what im talkin bout shino [sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 02-02-2007, 07:05 AM
1st Gear Member

im the complete opposite. huge lifts and boggers are my thing. youve got something there with that fab work. you do that for a living? i hate vehicles that are all show and no go, well with a 350 in that youll have some nice power.

Old 02-02-2007, 05:30 PM

im the complete opposite. huge lifts and boggers are my thing. youve got something there with that fab work. you do that for a living? i hate vehicles that are all show and no go, well with a 350 in that youll have some nice power.
I am into anything to do with trucks. I also own a 01' s-10 4x4 with the 4.3 v6. I will be doing a solid front axle swap,a large body lift, and 35"boggersonce it is paid off. RIght now it has a torsion bar lift in the front and shackles in the rear. I run 31x10.5's on 2wd rims in the summer, and my regular snow tires in the winter. I also have a 6.6' meyers poly plow on it now.

I don't do it for a living, I'm affraid I won't enjoy doing it as much if it was my job. I pretty much like anything, lifted, lowered, foreign, or domestic. As long as I can see that the owner has put their own time and work into it, i can appreciate it. I'm all about built, not bought. The only thing that bothers me is bolt on parts, some people think they can just order every bolt on part that they see in a catalog and call it custom. That is not custom, it's amoving Lund billboard.[:'(]

Old 02-02-2007, 07:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Custom=Cut! That goes for anything.....

Hands down. Anything you have fab up to make things work properly is ok by me. Cutting the springs on your 95 Grand Am and saying you own a custom car is BS. I don't have anything I would call custom but I have done my fair share of Bodywork without buying the patch panels for it. I got an 86 S10 4X4 Blazer my dad and I rebuilt. New everything. Every body panel exept roof and cowl was replaced both quarters repaired with hand formed pannels, I guess the rocker panels and floor is still original metal too. Rebuilt motor, updated interior. Alot of work for a 15yr old. That was then. Made me have alot more respect for things that I have now. Daily driver is a 95 Silverodo 2wd EXT cab sportside. I have done a couple things to it but by no menas custom by my standards. Leather power/heated seats aftermarket stereo, custom sub enclosure and a couple other things. It was a conversion truck new so it has some obnotiously wide wheels (15X12) and some fiberglass running boards and god aughful interior(its gone now). I cant figure out what I want to do with it. I think Bagged and stock floor BD but my heart says Pre-Runner!!!! Maybe supercharged? Long-travel suspension? You just don't see many around here. Besides, showing up some of the 4by guys with a 2 would be sick. The bike has a cutom Stainless license plate bracket. Hand made anyway.

I am a mechanical person from being around it all the time growing up so I am intrgued by anything that is Out of the Ordinary. I acuired a 72 Huffy, yes Huffy, 24inch deck riding mower over the summer. I have a buddy that has a shifter cart motor that I would like to throw on it but there is alot of sterring issues to be worked out first. It should be fun if it ever gets done....