Kawasaki Forums

Kawasaki Forums (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Man this sucks. (https://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/off-topic-6/man-sucks-14453/)

suprakawigrl 08-06-2007 07:27 PM

RE: Man this sucks.

omg no those are different...the guy I am talking about died out by Georgetown.

OMalley912 08-06-2007 11:54 PM

Sorry to hear bro. I guy at work wanted to buy a bike and I stressed the MSF course which he took being no bike expirience at all. Now he rolls into work with shorts and a tank top on. He says that he doesn't want to wear a helmet soon because it doen't look cool on his Intruder 1500. I've been trying to help him all I can but it not getting through his think head. He's an accident waiting to happen.

srobak 08-06-2007 11:57 PM

And people wonder why I spent 7 hours on sunday helping a friend who just purchased a bike learn the basics, and it is only day one of three that I will be spending.

Friends do not let friends just get on a bike and ride. They take their friend's bike to a parking lot while they follow in a car, and they take the time to introduce them first to the bike, then to riding.

By the same token - it is also the newbie rider's responsibility to learn and be introduced properly... if they don't... well... only one person to blame.

deej 08-07-2007 12:15 AM

Oh man, I'm truly sorry to hear this sad story. I haven't' shared any of this with my wife. She seems to be loosing her confidence and hasn't rode for a month or so, she wants to but I think she's freaked out. Every night there is another story about someone getting hurt or killed ona bike. There are more people buying bikes than ever before in history, and in fact the MSF can't keep up with the demand, so people feel they can learn on their own. Now that might have worked for those of us who grew up with bikes, quads, and the like, but today its a different story. People see a bike, buy it and feel like they can figure it out on their own. I learned to run a 3 million dollar machine by myself, but there was no chance of me or anyone else getting hurt. Eventually I figured everything out. But when you are trying to learn to ride a bike, and especially the modern muscle bikes that push the limit of HP to weight ratio then we and I mean the govt needs to be more proactive in getting more schools up and running. I also firmly believe that those who don't ride need to be educated, perhaps in drivers education or even some sort of requirements or testing before you can renew your drivers license. Something has to change, or this will only get worse. Worse for new riders, and worse for those that have been riding for years. Please be careful out there, and remember that any day, no matter if we are riding a motorcycle or walking across the street could be the last so just be careful and never take for granted those we care about and those that care about us.:(

Kohburn 08-07-2007 12:20 AM

heck you get people who can't even drive a stickshift car buying motorcycles with manual transmissions and have no concept of clutch control.

I've been into cars, dirtbikes, quads, carts for a long time and still am paranoid about making a mistake at the wrong time by getting too confident too quickly.

firstninjabike 08-07-2007 12:24 AM

+1 KB. and sorry to hear about that asz Condelences to you and the fam

GS247 08-07-2007 04:21 AM

There is more than one part to your story. its the text message your bro sent you. Letting your know how much he cares/loves you. Sometimes we forget to express how much we care for the ones closest to us, and unfortunately it takes something dramatic like this to realize it. Sorry that Jarrad had to remind us how much we mean to each other.

8 years ago before I married my wife we had a rocky start. We had just started talking to each other again from going separate ways. Later that week she was supposed to go on a cruse with her friends. I found out the day she was supposed to leave, that she fell asleep while driving down the freeway. She was startled by the dots on the side of the freeway and jerked the steering wheel sending the car into a spin. About half way around the tires caught traction sending her into the center divider. The front end caught sending the car head over heals and ejecting her through the back window. This was one of the only times she was not wearing her seatbelt. She broke her neck (same brake as Christopher Reeves), lower back, her hip in two spots and her ankle. If I wasn’t at work I was with her at the hospital room with her. This is where I met her family. The doc said she would be in ICU for three weeks and in the hospital for three months. She was in ICU for three days and out of the hospital in nine days. 95% of people that brake there neck like she did die, 4% end up like Chris Reeves and she is in the top 1% of those that are up walking around like nothing happened. She still has pains but doesn’t complain even to this day. She is just happy to be alive. We have been together since then.

Fortunately for me my story has a happy ending. Hopefully the rest of you don’t have many of either one of these stories if any at all. To sum everything up don’t forget about your love ones around you. don’t take life for granite sometimes its shorter than we all think.

Sorry for the loss Asz tell your bro that the KF family is thinking about him and his friend family

hoedogg 08-07-2007 01:53 PM

damm GS247 thats a touching story right there....

BigO 08-07-2007 02:05 PM

Sorry to hear about the loss Asz. My heartfelt prayers go out to you and all those that have lost someone important or loved onesin their lives.

Notstock 08-07-2007 02:14 PM

Very sad indeed [:o] You are right about the instruction, if he had have some help form a pal to get him used to the basics he would still be out riding right now.

Lack of rider skill very apparent here in so cal to, I ride in level 1 when I got o the track for 2 reasons, I am no where good enough for level 3 and the are to many riders in level 2 that should be in level 1.